“Mixed feelings...” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Sherman, Texas
“Mixed feelings...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2009

My parents and I recently had to travel to Clinton for a funeral and decided to get a King Suite to share a room. The website said it would sleep 4 adults, so we booked the room. When we arrived, there was a pullout but I don't think it was even a twin. I'm a short person (5'1") and there was almost not enough room for me on it. The mattress was in very poor shape with springs jutting out in several places. There were no sheets/blankets/pillows in the room for the pullout. I went to the front and the gentleman working gave me a set of double sheets, which didn't fit, but worked fine for the night. He was very nice and even offered to take them to my room for me. The king sized bed my parents slept in was fine and they had nothing but good things to say about it. One thing I feel I ought to mention was that there is no elevator. It is only a two story building, but my mother has a bad knee. She made due, but if we knew in advance, we would have requested something downstairs. The room we stayed in had a fridge, seating area, and a jacuzzi tub (in the bedroom). There are restaurants, grocery stores and such nearby. The free breakfast in the morning was nice with cereals, pastries, and do-it-yourself waffles. We did have a bit of an odd situation...the person staying in the room before us left his, let's say "personal protection equipment" in the nightstand drawer. When I went to check out, I took them to the front desk and showed the clerk what I had found and where. She said in one breath "sorry about that, you're paid and ready to go, have a nice day." I was somewhat surprised that she did not offer me a discount or something. All in all, it was fine for the night. Would I stay there again if I were passing thru Clinton? Probably not. There were other hotels nearby to choose from.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Arkansas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

Clean and comfortable. We only stayed for one night on our way to the Gulf but it is a nice hotel at a good price. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2009

I normally don't review many hotels but I must say this one deserves a mention! Desk clerk was really friendly and helpful. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was real comfy.
The price was excellent and I would certainly go back if in the area again.
The breakfast was typical motel standard but sufficient enough to start the day.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Bluffton SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

I saw this Motel in Room Saver and I called reservations directly at the motel and inquired about the rooms. I was told of the remodel and new beds. They even offered a great rate equal to Room Saver. Upon arrival I found everything to be fantastic. The hallways and rooms had new carpet and the entrance was in progress. Everything was EXTREMELY clean and the beds were COMFY. The room had a fridge, micro, coffeepot and hairdryer. The only negative was a sparce continental breakfast.

The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The new owner was even walking around with a cleaning towel in hand!!
I think this is the cleanest Motel I have ever stayed in and I know it is at the rate I paid.

I had looked at Trip Advisor for reviews and found some negative so I almost did not book there but after this visit I wanted to set the record straight. You cannot go wrong with this reasonably priced motel!!!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — continental breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hernando, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2007

My family stayed here during a baseball tournament for 3 nights. The manager was very rude, the beds were horrible, the food was fair. We tried to get an early check-in at noon and the hotel was virturally empty and they said no other rooms were clean. They are cannot handle large groups of people. I will never stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The Manger
  • Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Nauvoo, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

My husband and I had been riding a motorcycle on the Natchez Trace all day in the upper 90's, We had 1st stopped at the Holiday Inn express just down the road, the rooms were quite expensive (maybe cheaper booked online).
Upon entering Ramada, the lobby was very clean. Staff was friendly, checkin process was fast. Price was much cheaper close to 30.00.
The rooms was big, very clean! The beds were uncomfortable (hard) but we were so tired it didnt really matter. Water pressure was ok. There was a small frig.The breakfast was very continental-cereal, pastry, waffles.
If you want a clean room with all the necessities at a good price you can't go wrong! And this hotel is American owned, unlike the Holiday Inn express down the road. At least that was what I was told by one of the locals.

• Liked — Very Clean!
  • Disliked — The Beds
  • Tips/Secrets — Go eat at the Applebees across the highway! Very Good
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hiker6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
0.8 km away
6.1 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Southwest
1.0 km away
BEST WESTERN Ridgeland Inn

Been to Super 8 Clinton? Share your experiences!