All reviews blackout shades common areas ihg brand tv property
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting our daughter in college at the “W”. Everything was perfect. The beds slept amazing. The bathrooms are spacious and very clean. I like that their bath products are Bath and Body Works. The towels are big, fluffy, and soft. The breakfast was plentiful and great too. We will be back. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We were there to drop her daughter off at Mississippi State University. When we got there was really late so we checked in but the next day when we were there the Renzo was working the front desk I talked to him and then all of a sudden he remembered me from when I was there almost a year ago. That to me tells me that he pays attention and he cares about the customers that come in and out of that hotel I can just say that he is a Class Act he made my family feel welcomed and every time I'm in Mississippi I'm going to make sure I stay there at that hotel because of Lorenzo. Not to take away from anyone but the breakfast lady and I'm so sorry I do not know her name she is so caring and it's genuine it's not fake. Even though it's like a 20 minute drive from Starkville I don't care I'll always stay at that Holiday Inn in Columbus. Thank you Lorenzo thank you breakfast lady I will see you all in October.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We live in Tupelo Ms so Columbus is pretty close takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get there. We have a friend that plays in a band from time to time and we’re invited to come and see him play. We knew after a nights festivities we should not drive home so got on TripAdvisor. This was not the closest to the venue but was one of the nicest. I was very impressed with the room. We had a king. It had microwave and a small refrigerator. It was immaculate! Looked clean smelled clean. There was not a water spot one one the shower doors. Has free breakfast. Plus if you come in late they have to buzz you in. Slept like a baby. Didn’t hear a sound from the other guests. I highly recommend this place if you need a place to stay passing thru Columbus Ms.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Do not stay at this hotel unless you want fraudulent charges on your credit card. The manager is less than helpful insisting the computer is always right. Proof of being in a different state is not enough to convince them otherwise.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I stayed at this facility while attending a nearby business meeting. The facility is fairly easy to find and is conveniently located with plenty of parking for U-Hauls, trucks with trailers or larger vehicles. The property is about one year old so everything still looks great and I love the modern design. I’m not usually a fan of modern stuff, however, they have integrated these things into the image of the IHG brand very well.

The basics were covered, (i.e. clean room, comfortable mattress, clean towels and linens, etc.) The pool and other common areas were also clean and appeared new. All the equipment worked as expected (A/C, coffee pot, iron, TV, etc.) and the rooms were very spacious. The staff I interacted with were both personable and accommodating and overall added to the positive stay. I was very impressed with the lighting in the room and throughout the hotel as well as the integrated blackout shades put into use. The shades are built into a track system which allows you to pull a chain to close the shade and it worked perfectly.

Overall it was a very nice stay, exceeding what you would expect from the Brand and overall a very nice property.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business