“Great experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 67 Restaurants in D'Iberville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I had Alice springs chicken and the wife had chicken quesadillas. Both were awesome. Cheese fries for an appetizer and as always perfect. Highly recommend.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Biloxi
“Not a big fan”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I use to love the outback, but the last few times we ate there the food hasn't been too good. We haven't been in awhile due to the service and poor taste in food. The food doesn't taste fresh.

Visited March 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Single-handedly ruined a chain we were fond of.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We had this experience several months ago and I had just forgotten about posting this review. However, a friend recently had a very bad experience there as well and I decided I needed to mention our experience.

We went in late summer to this particular restaurant. We'd never eaten at our local Outback but had eaten at 3 or 4 others in different locations. Never had any reasonable complaints about any visits.

We ate on a Saturday afternoon for an early dinner, around 5 pm. The restaurant was at around 50% capacity. We had an incredibly excitable and "intimate" server, who was a bit too touchy and a lot too pushy. She made us uncomfortable our entire meal, and the family of 4 next to us made note while she was away that they felt the same. She stood at their table for 10 minutes. That's right, 10 minutes, carrying on in what can only be described as a monologue on some issue.

So, leading up to the end of the meal...she never refilled our drinks, she was in everyone's personal bubble of space, she made inappropriate comments, the food (2 6 oz steaks cooked medium and steamed veggie sides) took nearly 40 minutes. She forgot our appetizer order.

Finally, once the meal was over and we were anxious and ready to leave, we asked for our ticket. Around 10 minutes later she returned with it (we viewed her across her section stopping to ramble with yet another table of hers). When I reached to take it from her and put my card in the billfold, she held it away from me, held two fingers to my head in the form of a gun, and said to me "Better give me all your money or else". That's right, a server had the nerve to do that. We immediately asked to speak to her manager, at which point she turned 180 degrees and got snippy with us. A few moments later she said he was busy and if we could wait until he would be available in a few minutes. We waited 10 with no sight of him. We paid our bill, left no gratuity, and departed in shock.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank OursIsTheFury84
Florence, Mississippi
“An outstanding Outback restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

My wife and I visited here on 2/5/2012 and found this to be the best Outback restaurant that we have ever visited. The service was outstanding and the food was absolutely delicious.
The management and staff are friendly and very efficient and make you feel that they are genuinely happy that you are there, We will stop here again when traveling through the Mississippi Gulf coast area.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon
“Left after waiting to be seated for an hour, even with reservations”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Don't go here if you have a group larger than 2-4 people (on second thought, even then, don't bother with this sorry excuse for a restaurant). We had a group of 8 so I called and made reservations early afternoon for 6 pm last night. After waiting an hour we finally were told that we're next after a group that was at our table got up and left. Come to find out, they double booked on purpose, without telling me until we had been there an hour. It would have been nice if they would have just told me over the phone when I called to make reservations they already had a couple other big tables reserved around that time so if we wanted to eat, we'd need to make reservations around 8 pm instead of 6 pm. I would have been fine with that but they obviously don't care about honesty. We arrived 15 minutes before our reservation so it wasn't like we were late and they had to set another group at our table. In fact, almost 45 minutes into our wait, another group came in that also had reservations but were about 10-15 minutes late (as opposed to early like us) and even though one of the managers got really "smart" with them for being late and argued loudly with them in front of a lot of other customers, they only had to wait a few minutes and were seated. That was the last straw. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Also, as we were leaving to go to another restaurant so we could finally eat, there was a smaller group of about 4 people leaving and a guy said that's the worst service he'd ever had at a restaurant and the food wasn't good either. It's also stuck in a shopping center instead of a stand alone restaurant so looks a bit tacky. Can't tell you what the inside of the restaurant looks like since again, even with reservations, after an hour of waiting and we still weren't seated, we left. From the sounds of other customers leaving, we didn't miss out on much. I will never try this place again and will never recommend it to anyone.

• Visited July 2011