“Tale Of Two Stays”

Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in D'Iberville
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel on two seperate nights within a week, Sun. Nov. 27 & Fri. Dec. 2 while staying in Biloxi while on vacation. The four nights in between we're spent at a local casino/hotel. It was like staying in two different hotels. The first night we had a 2nd floor twin double room facing the woods out back. This room was spacious and very quiet and clean. Even though the interstate is nearby, we never heard a hint of the traffic going by. It was probably the best nights sleep I've had in a long time while on vacation. I even mentioned to my wife that we would stay here all week if the rate was better,($97) even though we'd have to drive to every place we wanted to go. The second room (#402) was a king room facing the opposite direction toward the move theatre. It was very cramped and small. It seemed like we we're always having to move out of each others way most of the time. My wife went to use the iron before we went out. Luckily while putting the water in it for the steam, she noticed that something was not quite right and that there was something brown coming out from the steam holes. It appeared that someone had put what looked like coffe inside. I'd love to know who, Luckily they didn't get us with their joke. If your out there and read this review, feel free to drop me a note through Trip Advisor. I'd love to know what goes through someones mind to do something like this. Thankfully she didn't have it over any of our clothes. I know that this is not the fault of the Marriott staff at this location. Just make sure to check the irons from now on while on vacation. We found this room to be very niosy. It was right next to the stairs. Even though it didn't see a lot of action, when that door closes, it's like it's in your room. The interstate noise was also very bad for some reason. Interesting considering that this room is at the farthest end of the hotel away from it. This place does have the fastest wireless internet I've ever had in a hotel. I'd like to know the provider. I'd love to have it for my business. The hotel is located at the end of a very busy shopping area and the traffic can be every man for himself at times. The road designs always baffle me in areas like this. The roads never seem to match the rapid development of area The pool, I'm not sure about. We never looked for it. But, if you're looking for a free continental breakfast here like at Marriotts Fairfield Inn's, you won't find it here. Marriott Courtyard's now have something called a "Bistro". You can get breakfast here, along with a cocktail in the evening, but it will cost you. It seemed like everybody else thought of it like we did. There was hardly anybody in it every time we passed by. If it's a omlet you want, try the Waffle House down on the corner at Hyw. 15. I wasn't much of a Waffle House fan, but if there's a better one around Biloxi (there are plenty)for food and service, I'd like to see it. There are also many other lunch and evening dinner options in the area. If they had a free continental breakfast it would make the $97 a night we we're charged more inviting. Being a Marriott rewards member we will probably stay again when we return in the spring, It's still cheaper than staying in a casino on Friday night. you'd think that a rewards member would be able to get a better rate, but that's a rant for another time. Marriott, the "Bistro" may work in the big cities, but you may want to rethink it in a vacation town like this. P.S. If you stay at this property, ask for the twin double room if available. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. My wife and I still slept together in the same bed and used the second one for a staging area for the suitcases.

Room Tip: King rooms are very small, opt for the twin double.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ticner58Indiana
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville

Reviewed 28 November 2011

This is a really nice hotel. The beds were comfy and it was quiet. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Free parking. The Starbucks downstairs has a reasonable breakfast made to order but there was free coffee too. It was close to the casinos and the interstate. Lots of shopping nearby. Yes I will stay again. Nice pool, hot tub and exercise room included.

Room Tip: Maybe away from the interstate side and ask for a microwave room if you need one.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gfarmer668
Reviewed 18 September 2011

This hotel is fairly new, opened a few years ago. Its very clean, spacious, and the staff very friendly. When it comes to restaurants there are TONS of options in this area. There is also a movie theatre right across the street. If you are here for the casinos, they are a short 5-10 minute drive away. They have wired and wireless internet (though I have had major issues with the wired connection, most ports are not active). This was a good selection for business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank beerbub
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Love this hotel. Got a great AAA rate - $82. I checked in 2 hours early on a Tuesday and got a room immediately. Staff are very accommodating. I love the new room design as it feels more like home to me. The bed is facing the windows, but whoever gets the left side of the bed, doesn't quite have a full view of the TV, which swings out and around. My King room had a fridge and sofa-bed. Bathrooms are a good size with a nice shower/tub with curved rod and a place to sit! Everything is sparkling clean. I also liked the rolling table under the desk which comes in handy. Free wifi and an ethernet cable is there if you need that. However, there's no microwave or free breakfast. The location is just off the Interstate but I couldn't hear road noise at all. Oh and Matt Kenseth's NASCAR crew stayed here. See pics!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Mamarama
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed here three times this year, all for pleasure. Since the Hard Rock and Beau Rivage are so expensive I stay here for less than $100 a night on weekends and drive to the casinos. The hotel is fairly new and is surround by plenty of shopping, restaurants, bars and a movie theater. It is tucked away at the back of the shopping area so make sure you know the address. The staff have always been friendly and the rooms always nice and comfy. I will always stay here as long as the casino hotels stay so expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Sublimebrad
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This hotel was one of the cleanest with the nicest staff I've seen in a long time! Beds are comfortable and there is plenty of parking. I did not eat here so I can't comment on the food. Located near Walmart, restaurants, banks, liquor store, etc. Very convenient location, right off I-110. I'll stay here again for sure - for the cleanliness and the smiling staff!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank firemshll
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We went to Biloxi to gamble, and stayed at the Marriott with a promotional certificate. We usually stay at the Courtyard in Gulfport, but we decided to try this hotel out since it was new. The location was convenient to the casinos, and since it doesn’t host conferences, much more quiet and intimate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and put us in a balcony room. Everything from the service to the bed comfort was up to the high standards of Marriott. The furnishings were modern, but on the inexpensive side. The room was on the small side – I think it was because the front of the space our room was in was the telephone closet. The hotel is close to the highway, so we kept our AC on all night so we wouldn’t hear the road noise. The layout is very nice, and the lobby and outside courtyard are great for visiting.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near D'Iberville
4.8 km away
Hampton Inn Biloxi
#5 of 47 in Biloxi
6.8 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Biloxi

Been to Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville? Share your experiences!