My family chose this Days Inn location for our bi-annual family reunion. We felt the staff did the very best they could do given the number of employees at this motel. However, management will need to hire more staff.
1. We paid for a group breakfast buffet. My wife and I arrived at the breakfast buffet at 9:00 AM. There were only 2 waitresses seating people. After 10 minutes of waiting we grabbed a running waitress as she was attempting to clean an empty table to seat us (The poor girl ingored us originally because she had so much to do). After being seated, my wife went to the buffet to learn that people were waiting around 15 minutes for eggs, bacon, grits and other assorted foods to be replenished. After, waiting for the cook to bring additional buffet items out the cook comes out and only brings a pan of bacon (while we wait for eggs, grits, biscuits, grits) and told us that she was the only cook in the kitchen on a Saturday.
After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to go across the street to McDonalds, despite the fact that we already paid for this supposed buffet breakfast.
2. The water in the rooms from the faucet is brown. In order for the water to be somewhat clear you must let the faucet run for 2-3 minutes. Still I would be uncomfortable drinking the hotel water. My wife and I went to Walmart t(across the street) to buy drinking water.
3. The toliet stool has a brown tint stain. Not cool.
4. Our mattress cover had a hole in the bed sheet.
5. The front desk checkin was slow. Again, not due to their fault. It is because of not enough employees.
6.When we first checked in to room 210 but the lock didn't work so we checked in room 212 and it was handled smoothly. The front desk staff tried their best to assist us.
7. The iron and refrigerator (small room refrigerator that doesn't fully cool your items)needs to be replaced. Equipment is in dis-repair.
In closing - I would like to say that I normally stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling. However, because of my experience with this Days Inn location I might not stay at another Days Inn in the future. I am told this hotel has a high reservation rate so it is generating enough of a profit to make the necessary updates .
Unless you are hard-up and don't mind staying in sub-standard motels then welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel is right on exit 206 on I-55 then a left on the first traffic light to get the service road. Near by restaurants and fast food available close to the hotel. Nice, quiet, and clean rooms available. We also provide free truck parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Knights Inn Grenada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Grenada