“Not a pleasant stay”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Room smell awful. Mildew in bath under sink. Television did not work. Staff was not pleasant, put in smoking room; booked non-smoking. Moved to another hotel for the remaining 4 nights. Clerk said reservation came in for smoking room; however when I said I was going to check he suddenly had a non-smoking room available. Staff was not accommodating at all. Had five more rooms booked, cancelled them all.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank alicemiller0819
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that there were some issues that you were not completely satisfied with. I thank you for your feedback as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.
Your business is extremely important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Non-smoking room (204) had been smoked in very recently. Despite me booking a non-smoking room online that morning, and verifying that it was non-smoking via phone in the early afternoon, and telling staff that we would be arriving late, the room had not been deep cleaned, and the bed linens apparently had not been washed from previous guest and still smelled of smoke. The A/C had been turned off, and the room temperature was 86F upon arrival. Staff (Angela) refused to remedy the problem, and did not offer an ozone generator, Febreeze, or even an apology. She stated, "I don't know what you want me to do, I can't help you," and that my only solution was to talk to the manager in the morning, or, "You can check out if you want", all in a very discourteous manner, and in front of a trainee.
When told about the problem with the room the next morning, staff (Jay) downplayed the problem, and stated that nothing could be done about the smell. He said he would call the owner to request a partial refund ($7-$10), then refused to do so, stating, "I'm not calling him this early for something like that." He finally offered an employee discount voucher ($35 room for a later stay), and said he called Angela and counseled with her about, "whatever it was you said was wrong."

Breakfast presentation was subpar at best. Staff (Shane) had to be asked multiple times to stock various items, and appeared to be highly inconvenienced each time he had to stop reading his book. Trash piled up in lobby and canopy trash cans, to the point of spilling out and requiring three staff to empty them.

In-room bathroom door would not lock. "Business Center" was out of order. Elevator carpet was very dirty. Luggage carts were very loud.

This is by far the worst lodging experience I have ever had. I understand that certain luxuries are forfeited when staying in a value/economy property, and I do not hold that against the staff. However, in the lodging industry, proper customer service is not a luxury, it is a fundamental priority. For this property's staff to refuse to even ATTEMPT to resolve a legitimate issue, and then lie to me about how a hotel room is supposed to be properly cleaned was an insult to my intelligence, and highly disrespectful. It is obvious that this property's management/ownership, and very possibly their corporate superiors are only concerned about their guests as long as they do not get in the way of a high profit margin.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ZachMiller514711

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your guest room assignment and that cleanliness and maintenance conditions were an issue. We're working with our staff to address your concerns and apologize for the inconvenience. It's our goal to ensure guests are comfortable and taken care of and your feedback will certainly help us as we continue to improve.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Room with king bed was a little tight. Overall the room was nice, quiet and clean. Parking was two levels and I was lucky enough to park on lower level by door. Breakfast was on the poor side. Had to heat everything (and by everything, I mean sausage and egg patties) in microwave.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you were disappointed in the condition of your breakfast. We hope your travels bring you back to our area in the future so we can show you a better one.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

The hotel is easy to get to. The lobby was clean and the breakfast area looked spacious. Our room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The pillows are small (but comfortable). The bathroom was clean. The toilet was very low and it would be hard for someone with bad knees to get up after sitting down. A bar on the wall to help maneuver would of helped. The towels were small and thin.

The breakfast was lacking. The bagels were not fresh. There was no milk for the cereal or oatmeal. The coffee was good, but I like half and half or milk. They only offered powdered creamer that clumped. In all fairness they did have cranberry juice along with orange juice. I felt that they were attempting to save money on the breakfast. They should just advertise a continental breakfast (coffee, juice and fresh pastries).

If they had a good breakfast I would of rated them very good.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to take your comments about our property under consideration as we re-evaluate guest needs and continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to our area.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Stopped for the night while passing through - good choice. Comfortable bed, clean room, adequate "free" breakfast. Check-in was quick & easy, as was check-out. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2016

Thank you for your good review and we are glad you chose our hotel. Your business is appreciated and we hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

This is a nice, nice Inn. Clean, clean and personable staff. The rooms were excellent and the value at $62 for a king bed was cheaper than what we have come to expect from hotels as nice as this. 5 star! We have saved this location on our GPS for future stops.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2016

Thank you for giving our hotel such a good review and for mentioning our good staff. It is also good to know you will be return and we hope it is soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

Got two beds w AAA discount for 63.00. W breakfast. Beds were good. Room was quite. Breakfast some items ran out 30 mins before done. And u never saw the lady. I had to ask front staff if they were going to refill. He said it was there delivery day. When I looked into kitchen I can see boxes of food in there. But otherwise yogurt, fruit, muffins, juice coffee grits etc. But no tea? Showers good. Staff when I checked in was akward. He didn't greet me or look up til I said something. I think he was tired. He was a young kid working graveyard so I gave him some grace. Not very talkative. And he seemed tired. The morning staff is of the Indian nationality. Made me feel like I never left california. This hotel would cost 100. In cali. So it was worth it

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2016

Thank you for your good review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues that you reported, and hope to see you again in the near future.