“Going down hill”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Room smelled like smoke as did pillows and towels. I was already unpacked when I discovered the drain under the sink had a hole and poured water all over my feet while brushing my teeth. Wi-Fi was slow and kicked me off several times. I'll probably stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for bringing the problem to our attention. We are so sorry that you did not had a pleasant stay with us on your trip, we looked at your reservation details and found out that your reservation was made online and was for smoking rooms and unfortunately we did not had any rooms left otherwise we could have offered you the Non-smoking rooms and could have sold those smoking to the guest with smoking preference. The hotel is sorry for any inconvenience you had during stay. We will make sure we take care next time and hope you give us one more chance.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

It's storming, so the parking situation is utterly ridiculous, but it's clean- the bedspreads are pretty and the air conditioning in this room is awesome sauce! I can't see any reasons for the bad reviews. It's fine.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We truly appreciate the good review. Our primary focus is customer service and cleanliness. I am glad to know that you found the property to your liking. Please stay with us again in the future. We are here for you.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This is a very old hotel that has not been updated. Bathroom has tiles loose and is not clean. The woman behind the desk was so lazy and complained to everyone she could. Please, Patels, start taking care of all the hotels you have taken over in our country!! I have stayed in many while traveling. Never stayed in a good one yet. Guess that's why they are cheaper.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Do Not Stay at this hotel! The staff is very rude! Booked a non-smoking room and arrived to a room that smelled like an ashtray! Would not refund our money or let us cancel. Will never stay at a sleep inn.

Stayed: May 2017
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself was pretty nice and relatively clean however, the manager had the worst customer service we've experienced. We were delayed getting back to the hotel due to traffic and storms and her inflexibility with our check out time was appalling. We requested a 1pm checkout, explaining the circumstances and she continued to cut me off, insinuated I was lying, and when I advised we were in a hurry to return as soon as possible she stated she would go up and pack our stuff up. When I advised that was not acceptable to us she advised she'd give us 30 more minutes to get back and then charge another day. As a former hotel manager and current customer care manager for a large company, I felt ill that this woman found her attitude and lack of customer service acceptable and hope that those working under her do not emulate her example. You've lost my future business and if you don't want to lose more, I'd recommend she receive better training on customer centricity.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
PATKBP, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Actually on that day we were all booked and most of the people requested for early check in that's why we were not able to give you late check out until 1.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

We were traveling from Florida back to Missouri and needed a stop over. Easy access to Hyw. 49. It is very close to the University and several restaurants. Just 1.5 hours from Mobile, Al or Jackson, Ms. We left at 7:30 AM after a good breakfast included with the room and had lunch on Beale St. in Memphis.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations on places to eat. The rooms have been updated and the bed was awesome!!! We had a great nights sleep and NO road noise. A real treat when you are on the road. We will return next year!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to Sharing your experience.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Thought I would ask for smoking room for my wife. Big mistake. Smelled like a cigar convention. Changed rooms, better. Service average. Nothing great. I don't think we'll be back. I went with Choice hotels, thinking change.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
PATKBP, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017