“Your normal Extended Stay Hotel, Candlewood Hattiesburg” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg

Candlewood Suites Hattiesburg
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Hattiesburg
Cullman, Alabama
“Your normal Extended Stay Hotel, Candlewood Hattiesburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2009

Candlewood suites is a Holiday Inn property and a extended stay hotel for those who do not know. This particular one in Hattiesburg is new but I experienced some glitches during my stay in October of 2009.

These rooms have a refrigerator, stove, and everything you need to do your own cooking if you wish too. The hotel is driving distance from plenty of places to eat close by like Cracker Barrel or just a few miles to the next exit where you will find Red Lobster, Outback, Longhorn, Chilis, Olive Garden, etc.

After a slow checkin, I retired to my room only to find that the new digital TV did not work. They immediately moved me to another room as they could not make the TV come work. Thats glitch 1.

After being moved into the second room, the next morning I found out that the hair dryer did not work. In both cases the appliances were broken, not a tripped circuit breaker. You would think maid service would be checking these items as 2 broken items in two days surprised me. Also the wireless internet was not working at the time I was there so they gave you a cat cable for hardwiring to the internet.

The hotel itself is clean and busy. A lot of military seem to base out of this hotel so it is at times busy with extended stay travelers. I would recommend this hotel though I think they need to check appliances in the rooms better. Maid service also is Not a daily event unless you request it and put a magnet on the door. Being extended stay, they do not clean every room, every day but the rooms are clean and the area is quite safe.

I would recommend this hotel but it woulid not be my first choice again.

Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ImN2Fun2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Belton, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2008

I try to write reviews that are to the point with just Pros and Cons, my travel is 95% Business and I dont have alot of time to advise on the area in general.

TIP: The hotel must be relatively new I could not locate it with my GPS, if you are looking for it you must turn onto Classic Dr from Hwy 49. If you call the 800 number you can get driving directions from several different points.

PROS: New and clean. The front desk was polite and had my information and room ready. The fitness room is up to standard with other hotels of the same class. Rooms are large with a full kitchenette including items to cook with, forks knives, spoons etc. 32in flat screen TV, DVD player, and large desk area to work at. Large Bathroom with full tub/shower and lots of light. Comfortable bed.

CONS: Easy to get lost inside the hotel- signs directing you to front desk, stairs not clearly marked; while I was there the fire alarm went off (no fire just a malfunction with system) people were running around trying to find the way out (I was on the 2nd floor)
Hot water wasn’t- Went to shower in the evening and had to turn the faucet to hot only then it was only luke warm, told front desk (in person) and was told they would look into it but never asked me what room I was in?
When I entered the room- 1st thing I had to do was step on a bug. **The room was very clean it WAS NOT infested but I did have to squash that one bug.
Let there be light- Lighting in the room was above average a lot of rooms are dark. There were no less than 5 lights in the room not including the bathroom lights,but the main light switch controlled all the lights and you had to get up if you were in bed go to the door to flip the lights off.

Pet Peeve: No free breakfast

Overall: I would stay there again but I would look around at the competition before I booked.

• Liked — Work/Desk area was very large. Close to eateries and my business loction
  • Disliked — Hot water Wasn't
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Balucanb