All reviews big bathroom ms area hotel is conveniently located breakfast was excellent hot items safe area house keeping checking out room was spacious will stay there again yogurt king bed staff was friendly annie outback bathtub motel
Reviewed August 16, 2018

We booked this hotel through a travel website on our way to Destin. The price was great and the gentleman working the front desk was very nice. Upon leaving the hotel, I realized that we were charged twice for our ONE night. After several calls, we FINALLY were refunded the extra money WITHOUT an apology. I will not stay here again.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Austin M, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2018

Thanks for your feed back. Really Appreciate it and sorry for the problem you face.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

The desk clerk was friendly but we were not advised of the 50$ non refundable pet deposit. They said one pet is free. No mention of a non refundable deposit. We would have gone to Laquinta had we known. Also the first room we were given was smelly and dirty, room 149. There was a pubic hair in the sheets, and we killed a coch roach. We left to a new room 279 a little better. The sheets smelled like they were sweated in but we were tired. The blow dryer had sticky black hair caught on it and as I was bathing I realized I was washing with someone else’s hair on my wash cloth. We are not happy with your hotel and will likely give a bad review and 1 star and include all of this information if we are not compensated for the horrible inconvenience and disgust. After driving 6 hours we were not up for the drama of changing rooms. There was no elevator and we had to drag our 12 year old dog practically up and down the stairs because he’s never used stairs in his life. Poor fella. The manager hid when we wanted to talk to him. We are disgusted and disappointed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Austin M, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate it sorry for the inconvenience you face.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Very dirty rooms. I tried 2 rooms. Mildew on headboards. Entry light did not work. Bugs on floor and curtain. Stains on walls ants carpet. Greasy nightstand. Felt anxiety being in the room. Asked for refund.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Austin M, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thanks for your feed back and really appreciate it. And sorry for the problem you face.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

The hotel was awesome. Its in a great location among shopping and restaurants. The staff was friendly and the rate of the room was very affordable. The rooms was very clean and smelled fresh. Overall its awesome.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

The first room was dirty. Stained carpets and walls. Greasy bedside table. The worst was mildew on headboards which affected my allergies. And the light switch on entering the room at night did not work. I had to fumble to find a light. I switched rooms and found bugs in that one. I changed hotels. One positive: The desk person was nice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Austin M, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hattiesburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Thanks for your kind feedback. really Appreciate it and sorry for the problem you face.