“Excellent Food”
Review of Crawfish Haven

Crawfish Haven
Ranked #9 of 57 Restaurants in Horn Lake
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I've bought food from this place on numerous occasions and haven't been let down yet. Food is nicely seasoned the way I like it. Customer service is fantastic as well.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for some crawfish and this place was the only one that had them. The food trucks have them on the weekend but this was a Thursday night. We got 15 pounds of crawfish with fixings and 3 pounds of shrimp for 8 people. All of it was very good. It is outside seating only so do not go if it is cold.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

Typical Louisiana boil joint, no fish and nothing fried. My wife doesn't eat seafood(only fried fish) so I tried the shrimp with sausage, and corn. It was delicious, brought back memories of he boiling point just south of Lafayette on HWY 90. Others havg crawfish said it was great. I'll try it next.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

My husband and I both had the dungeness crab plate (2 clusters of crab, one potato, one corn, one small piece of smoked sausage). We paid over $50 with tip. There was very little spice in the boil, so the food was bland. It was fresh, but just not that tasty. Overall, I was disappointed based on all the 5 star reviews. Honestly, Joe's Crab Shack is better...and I know that's not saying a lot.

CrawfishHaven, Owner at Crawfish Haven, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

I'm certainly sorry you feel this way about your experience with our food. I was very surprised to see that your complaint was on the lack of seasoning because the majority of our outstanding 4.9 rating with over 190 reviews is due to our very own low salt family seasoning which allows for more tasty ingredients. The Dungeness Crab Plate is one of our most popular plates and comes with a pound of crab, 2 Potatoes, 1 corn and a 5-6" homemade cajun sausage link with butter sauce for dipping. I do hope you and your husband will stop back in and ask for Jason. We have been in operation going on 3 years now and are expanding at our location with a covered patio. No comment on the Joe's Crab Shack...I don't eat seafood from chain restaurants.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Ok, so we wanted something different than the usual ribs, catfish and chicken of the down south cuisine. Found this place with 5 Stars on Trip Advisor and thought we'd give it a try. We drove up and almost didn't go in, there were no cars in the lot. We sat reading the menu as others came and went. We gave it a try and so happy we did! The place is very small, nicely decorated inside and out, mostly for carry outs, but has picnic tables out front. We were pleasantly greeted by a man and wife, the owners. They gave us a sampling of the Cajun shrimp. They were large and delicious, cooked perfectly. However, I ordered the gumbo with chicken, sausage and shrimp. It was pleasantly spicy, made your belly warm. My husband got a pound of crawfish and the dungeonous crab platter that came with 2 Cajun boiled red potatoes and a small ear of corn. The potatoes took the spicyness away and the corn was wonderful tasting, you'd have in each bite the sweetneess of the corn and the spicyness of the cajun, yummmm. For dessert we tried the Hummingbird cake and banana pudding. They were both nice and cold and delicious and a good ending to a wonderful meal. Overall, this meal was the best we've had on this trip!! Please try it, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank Sally B