See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 7, 2016

for 58 dollars including tax a night, you wont find a cleaner place, anywhere in this country. I initially paid for one night, I was satisfied enough to stay 3 more days! I had hung the "do not disturb" sign, because I didn't think my room needed cleaned daily, they insisted it be cleaned daily, and when they cleaned it was CLEAN! No bugs, nothing weird. I never did get breakfast in the morning, I don't have an opinion on that. I had a room with one queen bed, microwave, fridge, tv with plenty of channels. The best part was it was quiet, and it was CLEAN. Cleaner than places I've stayed costing 4 time this amount. If you are traveling the Trace, on a hunting trip, or whatever! Don't hesitate to stop in here! No problems, what so ever! Great job y'all!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Nick H
Chan P, Owner at Holiday Terrace Motel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Thank you so much for the great review about our Hotel. We always are trying to accommodate our guests upon their needs and we are happy that you liked the room

Reviewed September 22, 2015 via mobile

I have been staying here every hunting season for the past 4yrs and get surprised every year when we all come. One year got tvs, next hd channels with a few more channels this time we came had full cable like 200 channels. If u would have seen this place when I was a young boy u would think it was a haunted house. But it has everything for us. There is only 2 hotels there and this one is by far the best. The other hotel don't have free wifi and some houses don't either but this hotel has fast free wifi. But I am not leaving because all these reviews I know what has been going on there and that is great work.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank huntingfriend
Chan P, Owner at Holiday Terrace Motel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

Hello, Thank you for your review we are glad to here from you that you like our upgrade.

Reviewed May 24, 2015 via mobile

We got surprised by a "bait & switch" ... We were on our way to visit family and called ahead for a room, a single bed was $50 and two beds was $62. As we were checking in the single bed rooms were smoking and non smoking rooms were 2 bed therefore to have a smoking room we had to pay the extra for a non smoking room. Our room was clean with some recent upgrades to the counters, TV and fresh paint but not a complete renovation. Their continental breakfast consist of weak juice machine, cold generic cereal, with only 2% milk and cheap fruit sticky buns..... But it was a clean room and the owners are looking to save costs anyway they can.... Every time we came back to our room, they had turned our AC to fan only, so we had to wait about 30 minutes for the room to cool off... Will we stay here again, yes if we are visiting family, only because their competition is far worse and the next closest place is 40 miles away...

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Safari427731
Chan P, Owner at Holiday Terrace Motel Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your review, When you came on that day, very late evening to check in, unfortunately we were very busy and had very few rooms left, that's why we had to offer you what ever was available.

We are slowly and gradually improving our rooms and renovations as we get chance. As you saw, we have done our best to renovate the rooms, providing our customers clean and comfortable rooms. After we rent out rooms, we care for customer's privacy and DO NOT ENTER Customer's room unless customer calls in with a problems. Your AC changing to Fan, must have been something beyond our control, We guarantee you, we do not enter customers room until they check out.

As you know, we are budget friendly small motel, where we strive for our budget conscious customers, who will be glad to save money by staying with us and utilize their hard earned monies on other stuffs. Providing clean and comfortable room at very reasonable price is our motto.

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

I booked this room because of its location and the reviews here on trip advisor.
Location - my wife and I are riding the Natchez Trace on our motorcycle which is 440 miles in length. Houston Ms is almost exactly half way. We were exhausted when we arrived - I paid, got my key and unloaded the bike - then I started looking around, and the only way I can describe the place is liken it to a that person we have all met that is clean, has a ok smile, and though we can't put our finger on why, just gives us the creeps. Like this person is registered with the police department or on parole or something.

I told my wife to pack the bike because we were leaving. We drove to Tupelo and got a room at the Fairfield.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mark V

Dear Mark:

We are truly sorry, that you left us, without explaining your problem with your stay.

Unfortunately, your review, "the only way I can describe the place is liken it to a that person we have all met that is clean, has a ok smile, and though we can't put our finger on why, just gives us the creeps. Like this person is registered with the police department or on parole or something. "

We tried understanding your review, but it's very hard and impossible to understand, what you are trying to express, We are a very small family owned motel, where we strive our ultimate best to please customers, You must have understood something wrong and left us, but we do take our reviews seriously, please feel free to contact us to clarify any misunderstanding. We even tried calling your phone number you left us few times, but no answer from you.

Reviewed April 29, 2015

This is an okay place to stay if you like really plain and simply accommodations. I mean plain. The motel does not provide facial tissues. There were no hand towels the first night, but were the rest. You need to flush the toilet at least twice to get acceptable results. If you are short, remove and hold the toilet tissue in your hand or you will not be able to reach it. The walls are not well insulated for sound dampening. The TV selections are rather limited.

It is conveniantly located for those traveling on the Natchez Trace.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Grady M

Dear CherokeeMan:

We are glad you stayed with us, Sorry we did not meet your expectations, but, we are very small motel, who strive to provide very best for our budget conscious customers.

No we don't provide facial tissue, if one of customer ask, we keep few at front desk. For a small motel charging bare minimum rates, it's not cost feasible.

We have installed brand new DirecTV to home services now. We have close to 120 channels, including lots of High Definition on our brand new Flat screen HD TV's.

Thank you for staying with us.