“Taken back by chicken and waffles-YOU HAVE TO TRY IT”
Review of The Feathered Cow

The Feathered Cow
Ranked #51 of 414 Restaurants in Jackson
Reviewed June 21, 2017

First time in Mississippi and love the hospitality with everyone and the restaurants. Invited to go and try chicken and waffles which for this Minnesotan Scandehoovien was unheard of. What I got was a thick and light waffle with a tender white breast with southern seasoning and maple syrup. A side of creamy grits to boot. Absolutely to die for.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

Just because a burger has two patties, is loaded with all types of stuff and takes two hands to eat it doesn't make it a good burger. Their meat is rather tasteless and is cooked on a flat grill without much of a seared effect which adds flavor. Meat so thin there is no way but well done. Some type of season salt would have help.

The burger came with "butter fries" ........ neat name but they were soggy and not crisp at all. I will not return.

This review was from their location in the reservoir area.

1  Thank WeKnowFood_219
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I absolutely love this place and my bank account knows it. The burgers are excellent, but I always come back to the Chicken and Waffles. You get two fried chicken fillets and a side of cheese grits with gravy and a big waffle. Everything is sooo good. I often at that I'm gonna try something else, but I just can't. The Stuffed Hamburger Steak is begging me to try it though!

Bring back the Feathered Cow t-shirts. I'd be glad to give you free advertising!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

I've been here twice... The first time I went, I got the "Stupid Burger" which sounded like it should be stupidly good, but unfortunately it didn't have any flavor at all. The meat tasted like it was formed into a burger patty and had 0 seasonings, herbs, or anything added to the meat. That was in late 2015, and I figured I would try them again to see if they got any better recently...

The second time I went (about a week ago) I got the "Border Bird" chicken sandwich, because it sounded spicy to me. It had poblano peppers, chipotle ranch, and Monterey jack cheese - sounds like it should have a little kick to it, right? Nope! Nada! Nothing!

I was really disappointed, because the chicken was fried perfectly to a light golden brown crisp, and the texture was phenomenal! But it didn't taste like the cook so much as sprinkled salt from a salt shaker onto the chicken! It had no flavor whatsoever.

However, I will say that their "butter fries" are very good, and so are their gravy fries. I liked both of those quite a bit. The sandwiches just didn't do it for me, either time I went.

Nothing wrong at all with the customer service or anything like that, I just didn't notice any taste, flavor, or seasoning in the sandwiches at all, and that was really disappointing for me! I probably won't go back unless someone at work offers to bring me back an order of fries.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

Went here with a large group of friends. Not a single person was disappointed. The burgers are incredible!