“Eat Here.. best value in town for Chinese”

Mr. Chen's Authentic Chinese Cooking
Ranked #29 of 402 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 10, 2017

You don't go here for the atmosphere.. unless you like Asian Groceries... because the restaurant is in the middle of a grocery... but the food is the best, most authentic you will find in Jackson for a reasonable price. I spent six months in China, and all of the dishes I recalled having there, Mr. Chen's does better. And for the the money, you can't beat it.

My wife and I now visit at least a couple times a month and recommend it to anybody who asks about a recommendation for Chinese food.

2  Thank GCharles888

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

This is my go to restaurant when in Jackson. I have tried several appetizers, meals and desserts. Never a disappointment.

2  Thank disfam15
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Chen isn't the most authentic Chinese restaurant you can find here, in fact it's very Americanized Chinese. I have to admit out of all of the Chinese restaurants in Jackson, my family and I usually come here because it's convenient after we grocery shop. Their food is okay, I just stick to the few dishes that I usually get because everything new that I've tried been a disappointment.

My American friends love this place though.

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

The food here is as authentic than most restaurants. However, because it's located in a market, the smell is unusual. As a result I get my food to go. The customer service could be better. Definitely add this as an option for good Chinese food.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Much of my family has spent years in Asia, so we know it can be difficult to find good, authentic Chinese food. Mr. Chen's is probably one of the best Chinese restaurants in the southeast USA. I don't say that lightly, and I think that anyone who knows good Chinese food will love it here. I recommend getting multiple dishes and sharing with lunch-mates.

2  Thank AverageJoeS14