“Very unique Chinese restaurant ”

Mr. Chen's Authentic Chinese Cooking
Ranked #21 of 389 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Mr Che's is always on the short list for my kids for a special meal. The prelude is always at least a half an hour wondering around the Asian grocery store looking at all the cool, unique food choices including the amazing meat section. There will definitely be food choices that you never knew existed in Jackson Mississippi. The fish smell may be a turn off for some, but I think the experience adds to the dining.

Kids really love the sesame chicken, dumplings, gen tso chicken... really you can't go wrong. Fried rice is always solid. Kids also love the large selection of Asian kids drinks - definitely will put a smile on people of all ages.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

You don't go here for the atmosphere.. unless you like Asian Groceries... because the restaurant is in the middle of a grocery... but the food is the best, most authentic you will find in Jackson for a reasonable price. I spent six months in China, and all of the dishes I recalled having there, Mr. Chen's does better. And for the the money, you can't beat it.

My wife and I now visit at least a couple times a month and recommend it to anybody who asks about a recommendation for Chinese food.

1  Thank GCharles888
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

This is my go to restaurant when in Jackson. I have tried several appetizers, meals and desserts. Never a disappointment.

1  Thank disfam15
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Chen isn't the most authentic Chinese restaurant you can find here, in fact it's very Americanized Chinese. I have to admit out of all of the Chinese restaurants in Jackson, my family and I usually come here because it's convenient after we grocery shop. Their food is okay, I just stick to the few dishes that I usually get because everything new that I've tried been a disappointment.

My American friends love this place though.

1  Thank Rachel L
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

The food here is as authentic than most restaurants. However, because it's located in a market, the smell is unusual. As a result I get my food to go. The customer service could be better. Definitely add this as an option for good Chinese food.