“Great Food and Friendly Folks”
Review of Scrooge's

Scrooge's
Ranked #26 of 391 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Description: A Jackson favorite since 1971, Scrooge's is the quintessential neighborhood restaurant/bar with top-quality food, great atmosphere, and a welcoming staff and clientele that will immediately make you feel like a regular. Whether you want a family-friendly dinner in the dining room, a cocktail in the pub to watch the game on one of the many TVs, or to enjoy outdoor dining on the covered patio, Scrooge's is an essential stop for true Mississippi flavor!
Reviewed 20 July 2017

If you're looking for white linens and stuffy people, this is not your place. But if you're looking for great food and friendly folks, this is you're place. I usually get the grilled chicken breast, house salad and the green beans. The best!!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Fondren Theatre Workshop was renting out the adjoining building to Scrooge's, so I got 6 weeks of chances to enjoy some great meals while we rehearsed. The bar is the big attraction; it gets a regular crowd and lots more on the weekends. The beer is standard macro with a few crafts tossed in. But the food is exceptional. My wife loved her steak. I had a chef salad that was huge. I also sampled veggie plates, burgers, a club sandwich, catfish, fried pickles, and country fried steak. Everything is delicious. And the waitstaff, especially Mel, are very cool. Friendly folks all around. No wonder Scrooge's gets such a big crowd, especially for Sunday brunch and after church. Come for the food. Stay for the ambiance.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

Great for lunch with daily specials and regular menu items. I only come here for lunch, as it's close to my office. The blackened fish and sweet potatoes are the best, that's mostly what I choose.

Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I had been wanting to try Scrooge's and went on a Thursday night when I didn't feel like cooking but didn't want a 'chain' meal. Glad I finally decided to try. Excellent comfort food and service was quick. There weren't a lot of people in the restaurant part when we went in but was filling up by the time we left. My husband has found a new lunch spot.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We have a meeting here every Thursday. The meeting room is very comfortable. The food is always great and the servers always go the extra mile to help us with special requests. Phenomenal service.