“Best bakery shop in town”
Review of La Brioche

La Brioche
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Jackson
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

By far the best party and bakery place in town. Wonderful dessert, fresh and tastefully done. The only true French bakery place in town.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

After pigging out at Roosters, we walked to this very cute and fancy dessert and coffee shop for a bite of gelato. The sizes are $4, $5, and $6 so my daughter and I shared a $5 size and had more than we could eat together. Very warm and friendly atmosphere. We were sincerely offered sample tastes of the other flavors and encourage to try all of them...unlike other places which act like they are required to give samples but hate to be bothered. This shop is a place you want to go back to just for the great service, but the gelato was amazing to boot! We will return the next time I'm in Jackson.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

La Brioche has awesome visual appeal-glass cases with rows of delectable pastries, entremets, and macaroons.

They also sell drinks made with Northshore Coffee, easily one of the best local coffee designers.

A couple of detractors: first, the prices. We spent $53 on 2 bags of coffee, one espresso beverage, 12 macaroons, and 1 croissant. For those "European prices," I would expect a stellar epicurean experience!

The "chocolate almond" croissant had very little filling. My espresso drink was very good.

It's hard to rate each flavor of macaroon due to the difference in individual palates. We tried the blueberry, lemon rose, Nutella, chocolate, bananas foster, and the earl grey/lavender. We particularly liked the chocolate and the lemon rose.

I have been to France several times and to Laduree often. While La B. is a plus for Jackson, I'm not ready to forego Paris!

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The first impression: The shop is absolutely spotless. They offer a mouth-watering selection. After having lived in France for 5 years, I thought that I'd never enjoy a croissant in America, but for the first time since our return to the U.S.A. almost 8 years ago, I found the croissants compared to those in France; they were very fresh, light pastry! I could have closed my eyes and imagined that we were in a French patisserie! I have little doubt their coffee isn't delicious, but we already had plans to go next door to Sneaky Beans. Next visit, we will definitely fill our mugs at La Brioche...

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stopped in as we were walking in the area and were amazed by the selection of wonderful pastries before us. We bought several that were delicious and bought a gift card for our kids so that they could come back and enjoy more at a later date. Everything was delicate and enjoyable. Only wish we lived here to be able to come often. Well worth the visit to satisfy your pastry desires.

Been to La Brioche? Share your experiences!