“Fun place for happy hour”
Review of Caet

Caet
Ranked #27 of 388 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 May 2017

My husband and I went here to kill a little time before a party. The wine list was great and my husband enjoyed craft beers. The small plate offering was unique and tasty.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

My friend and I stopped on a whim. How was this not on my radar?? Grilled oysters with bone marrow topping, breadless crab cakes, grilled colliflower saginaki. And for dessert?? Another round of grilled oysters! The food was superb! There was SO much more I wanted to try and now I will. Excellent menu, perfectly prepared, the chef has the perfect touch with delicate flavors and bold when bold is called for. I'll be back, and back, and back...

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Never thought we'd find a trendy wine bar in Jackson MS - Welcome to CAET! A wide range of wines by the glass, plus knowledgeable servers, and exquisite small plates, make for some delightful wine/food pairings. A real eye opener.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Wine bar with great food. Was nice to sit and relax while having great food. Recommend to anyone. Bad tender was very knowledgeable.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We are major tapas/wine bar fans. We were excited to try CAET based on a friend's recommendation. The wine selection is fair by the glass, huge by the bottle. Sadly, they were out of the wine I wanted to try and I needed some direction. I found the server, while knowledgeable, very unwilling to do more than give vague descriptors which made it next to impossible for me to narrow down my choice. There were no questions from his end to assist him in guiding me towards some choices. I found this disappointing. You cannot taste wine here. Well, you can for an average of $6 for a 2 ounce pour. When I'm planning on purchasing a $50 bottle, I don't want to spend $12-18 trying to select my wine.

We did at last, achieve success and I did appreciate the server's patience.
Onto the food.

Scallops: Small portion ($16) has two diver scallops and the "large" portion has (I quote) 3-4 scallops ($30). While we thought this dish was flavorful and quite good, the price seemed high based on the portion size.

Trout dip: While it sounds like a funky combination, we thought this was extremely tasty but the homemade potato chips were not warm nor did they "wow" us.

Truffle fries: Again, we were thinking: fries: hot/warm. Nope. They were limp and cold. Lots of parm, lacking the truffle oomph in our opinion.

My husband had the Kung Pao shrimp and liked it, he felt the breading could be a bit lighter as it detracted a bit from the shrimp. But, overall, he enjoyed the dish.

As I said, we are tapas fans and we would love to have CAET has a "go to" place. We will most likely try it again, and I'm hoping for a 4+ star experience next time.

P.S. No allocated parking