“The Century House in Meridian was nothing short of legendary!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Meridian
Century House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Meridian B&B and Inns
Anniston
“The Century House in Meridian was nothing short of legendary!”
Reviewed 15 October 2009

From the time I stepped off the train in Meridian untill the train started rolling the next day to take me home I was treated like royalty by the Nobles at Century House. They were on time for my arrival, they picked me up in a comfortable car and within about 5 minutes I had arrived at the Century House. They immediately showed me where the refreshments were in the house and explained the dining options in Meridian. They graciously escorted me to a shopping and dining district so I could eat dinner and then came and picked me back up when I was ready! They went above and beyond what you could expect them to do.

The breakfast the next morning was absolutely delicious! They had complimentary bottles of water waiting for me in the bedroom too which was very nice! The balcony on the front of the house was very enjoyable as well!

I would recommend the Century House in Meridian to anyone who needed a quiet, comfortable, clean and afforable place to stay when anywhere near Meridian!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The only hotel in downtown Meridian, it is within walking distance of the train station (although Mamie or Don Nobles, the owners, will also offer to pick you up and drop you off for free). Our hosts could not have been nicer and gave lots of tips on what to do while we were in town. Accommodations included bed, bathroom, common area, and delicious homecooked breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank California006
Tupelo, MS
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My husband made arrangements in Meridian for us to see a play at the Riley Theater. He surprised me when we pulled up to this beautiful home and said that we were staying here and had the Executive room reserved. What a treat! The hosts are most gracious and can really cook a truly delicious breakfast. They made us feel welcome and their hospitality won us over immediately. I highly recommend this beautiful Bed and Breakfast to anyone who needs a place to stay and can appreciate the service and beauty this home has to offer.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dixiethunder
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2008

We stayed at the Century House while driving cross country in May and were very happy with it. Our room must have been the one that another reviewer had, because it was huge, with the rain shower and large jacuzzi tub. We really enjoyed the breakfast, and the hosts were very friendly. We got a flat tire while driving there, and they were very friendly and accommodating despite our unexpectedly late arrival. We wish we could have stayed another night, but Meridian, Mississippi was not one of the "stay an extra night" stops on our cross country trip, so we had to move on.

Stayed May 2008
3 Thank GaryT770
Memphis
Reviewed 3 June 2007

We loved staying at the Century House. We booked two rooms with only a couple hours notice and they were very accomodating. The hosts, Mamie and Don, were extremely hospitable. We enjoyed "front porch sitting" and wonderful conversation with them. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was outstanding!

• Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank jimdeb1990
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 24 May 2005

Wait until you step into this lovely house. It is peaceful, spotlessly clean, and most welcoming. Your hosts are Mamie and Don, the epitome of Southern hospitable hosts. Our room was HUGE, with a king bed, lots of windows, a great whirlpool tub with rain shower-type shower head. Lots of area to sit (two chairs and a couch, no less) and wonderful reading light. The other rooms in the house that we saw are also welcoming and refreshing in the heat of the south. One is done in a cool periwinkle color with a queen bed and another huge bathroom with whirlpool. Another is done with two double beds in a lovely soft green and cool quilts, again great light and very nice bathroom. Another room, downstairs, has a queen bed, four poster, done in a graygreen, very subtle, soft color. Everything in the house is immaculate, yet approachable. They are soon going to have high speed internet connection, which will be nice. If you are going to stay in Meridian, give this house first priority. You will be glad that you did. The website address is ------------. Mamie will be quick to respond to your request for rooms.

6 Thank twestover