“Just ok”

Danver's Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 114 Restaurants in Olive Branch
Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

Nothing special. Did appreciate the variety of topping on the salad bar, but the burger was average. Could have used a heavy cleaning, too.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed October 21, 2017

I haven't been to a Danvers in years, not many left. But I recently had lunch at this location and was pleased. Still has a great salad bar and good sandwiches along with other menu items. I got the salad bar and was happy. Around 10 bucks and very fresh with a good selection, just like salad bars used to be. Clean place and friendly staff will make me return.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Have eaten here twice & liked it both times. Today was Very good - I got the warm turkey sandwich & rice & my wife had the Catfish Po-Boy & a baked potato.
Have eaten at the one in Tupelo Many times over the last 15 years, but this one has a MUCH better menu, a Lot more to choose from & a bigger & Better salad bar.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed June 7, 2017

Never having eaten at Danvers we didn't know that it was a counter that you ordered from and then they deliver your order to you. We entered the restaurant and looked at the menu board. We both decided on the Catfish dinner with Salad Bar.

The cashier was nice but not overly friendly. They gave us a dish for the salad bar and told us to take the number and they would bring our entrée.

The salad bar is pretty traditional. Kept very clean and replenished. The salad bar attendant was very hard working and should be commended for her hard work. It is obvious that she is very proud of her work area. We took our seat and shortly after our entrée was brought to us.

The catfish was delicious. Lightly breaded and proper temperature. Good flavor. Had to ask for tartar sauce but it was brought right out. I wasn't very happy with the Macaroni and Cheese (need a better recipe), The green beans were traditional Southern, over cooked. The Texas toast has lost a little in translation. The plate would have been better with traditional hush puppies or a yummy cornbread. The catfish was outstanding.

In summary, if you are looking for a full salad bar, this is it. If you are looking for delicious and fresh catfish, you have come to the right place.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 29, 2017

Ordered a double burger no bun and when it was served up, it was luke warm,hard and burnt. My son took it back to the front counter to show them. It was replaced by a freshly cooked burger which was really good,but I was waiting for a baked sweet potato ,then someone came out to my table and told me it would be a 10-15 min wait,which I was ok with,then the manager came to my table after about 10 mins and said something about a miscommunication in the kitchen and the sweet potatoes were not put into the oven and offered me something else from the menu,I choose the green beans which were good as well as hot. Then I see one of the kitchen male staff come from out of the kitchen to the front passing the front counter with purple/blue streaked hair down the middle of his back,full beard and no hairnet of any kind. That does it for me ,I am done. The thoughts of the long hair with no hairnet and beard cooking in a restaurant kitchen really upset me. I have worked in a restaurant kitchen most of my life until a few yrs ago do to a back injury and have never seen a restaurant that claims to be a step up from fast food to allow facial hair plus middle of the back length hair hanging down in a ponytail(not even braided) without a hairnet .

Date of visit: April 2017