“Terrible service & rude desk clerk”

Super 8 Olive Branch
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Olive Branch
“Terrible service & rude desk clerk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I had made a reservation online during my cross country trip. Upon entering the empty lobby, I waited 10 min for someone to help me; the clerk was very rude and acted like I was imposing on him. He told me he had no rooms and walked into the back room. I went to my car to get the confirmation and when I came back to show him my confirmation #, he said it still didn't change the fact that he had no rooms. I checked on Expedia, hotels.com and booking.com ; they all showed rooms available. The clerk was rude and unhelpful. I do NOT recommend this place to anyone. Stay at the Best Western across the street; way better service and better accommodations!

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

After trying to find a decent hotel in the area for a decent price my family chose Super 8. Upon arriving it didn't seem that bad until we seen a few roaches in the breakfast area, cigarette burns and hair on our sheets/blankets, clogged sinks and not to mention a hot tub that was not hot! Overall it was not a good experience, try to find something better....good luck!

• Stayed March 2012

Travellers are raving about these Olive Branch hotels

racine, wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

... but the adjoining room carried on very loudly beyond 3:00 a.m. and i got only 2.5 hours. sleep. neither nor the front desk succeeded in getting the noise to stop. i called the desk twice and i believe the desk responded, but obviously not effectively. suppose they could have been more forceful or made some adjustment for us. facility was just fine.

Room Tip: if you get noisy neighbors, go to the desk and ask them to move you or the neighbors.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
West Frankfort, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

We made a reservation to stay at this hotel while traveling to see family at Thanksgiving. Upon arriving we had wait with several others for quite some time because the desk clerk had to call police due to a domestic quarrel in one of the rooms and have the involved parties removed from the premises. Not a good first impression but of course we understood this could happen anywhere. However, once we go in our room it was rather late and all we wanted was to get into bed and watch a little televsion before going to sleep. Unfortunately the television did not work. My husband walked back to front desk to inform and he was told management was aware that there was trouble with some of the televisions in the rooms and all he could do was move us to another room. At this point we were already in bed and settled so we declined. Upon checking out the next morning after the skimpy Super Start breakfast I decided to complain the the new front desk clerk who was very sloppily dressed and see about at least getting some type of discount since our stay was so unsatisfactory. She said that the desk clerk who waited on us was lying about management being aware of problems with the televisions but she never would look me in the eye the entire time I was talking with her. She also said since we declined to be moved that we could not receive a discount and besides we were already getting a discount since the rooms were normally $75, not $60 per night. I guess if you get a $15 discount you shouldn't expect television. Stay away from this place. Even at $60 per night it's not worth it....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Metropolis, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

I chose this hotel for 3 nights because I was in town for the Mephitfurmeet and thought it would be perfect considering the location. Turns out the only really good point for this hotel was it's location. Upon our arrival at this property the front desk clerk informed us that we would have to pay a $20.00 pet fee per day for my disabled travelling partner's service dog. When we informed them that this was against federal law that they can not charge a pet fee for a service dog the front desk clerk informed us that unless we payed the pet fee he was refusing our checking in to the room. I asked to speak with the manager, Mr. Shone Patel of Swami Lodgings, LLC. The front desk clerk informed me that the manager refused to talk with me and kept insisting that we had to pay the pet fee. Then not even a minute later the front desk clerk told me that the manager wasn't there. Because we were so tired from the long drive we went ahead and payed the pet fee. Once we got to the room our noses were assaulted by a strong odor like wet dog. The blankets on the bed also smelled like this. We contacted the Super 8 corporate number and explained to them the situation and were given a case number and was informed that the agent who would be handling our case was out of the office until after Labor Day.
The night auditor front desk clerk did not make us feel welcome at all and was very rude and indifferent and made us feel like we were imposing.
Besides the bad smell in the room the hotel room itself was comfortable. The only positive point with our stay was the first shift front desk clerk, Carey, who was very helpful and friendly. The housekeepers were very accommodating and friendly as well. Unfortunately, due to the unfriendly reception we received at the front desk upon our arrival and the continual rudeness of the night clerk we will not be staying at this property again or quite possibly any Super 8 property ever again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Employee gave us a dirty room which house cleaning hadn't cleaned yet. Had to return to front desk to switch rooms. Terrible place for price.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Oviedo3
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Part of our baseball team stayed here (a total of 9 families). This motel is the worst I have ever stayed at. First of all where do I begin. We requested non-smoking rooms and was told my room was a non-smoking room. As soon as we got into our room, it wreaked of smoke. All night it was an absolute nightmare and horrible for those who had asthma. The next morning I asked where were the smoking rooms. Of course the one right next to me was a smoking room so the smoke filled in my room as well. requested to be moved away from that particular area and far away from smoking as possible. They gave me another room down the hall but that really didn't help at all as the hallway was filled with smoke coming out of the rooms where smoking was allowed. Every item of clothing had to be washed as soon as I got home whether it was worn or not because of the smoke.

Our baseball team was comprised of 12 year olds. There were many siblings as well travelling on this trip as it was for World Series in Southaven. One evening at 6 o'clock, we were told to be quiet because we were disturbing others and making too much noise. Now THAT is a crock. From what I can gather, this motel caters to truckdrivers. At 6 o'clock in the evening, there is no ordinance for noise and what do you expect from a huge group like we had.

On another note, this place is 2-stories. It is not handicapped friendly as there are no elevators to the second floor. That should be an ADA (American Disabilities Act) violation. I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends