“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Always consistently good food. Service is outstanding with the whole crew working together to make sure you are taken care of. Margaritas are the best in Oxford. We're regulars.

VoltaTaverna, Owner at Volta Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Thank you for your outstanding review! What a compliment!! Thank you for all of your business. I very much appreciate it!

Brooke Krizbai

Reviewed May 28, 2017

Our granddaughter took us to Volta while we were visiting her in Oxford. It is a major student hang-out with reasonable prices and good food. It is a little north of the downtown and many visitors just stay on the Square around the courthouse, but this place provides another opportunity after eating on the square.

I had the Greek Salad and it was good. My wife had potato soup and it was good. We also had an appetizer called "Hotty Toddy balls." I had never heard of these before, but our granddaughter said they are fried balls of mashed potatoes. The balls were good and fit in with her limited range of foods--she also likes macaroni and cheese. Never heard of the idea before, but how could you go wrong with mashed potatoes and anything fried! Unlike downtown on the square where parking is at a premium unless you find a space in a northwest parking lot off the square, Volta has parking, although it was almost full when we got there, but I think we could have parked a little farther away. Of course, if the parking lot is running over, there will probably be a wait.

Thank you for the great review! I'm thrilled to hear that your grand daughter loves volta too. We hope to have you back on your next visit.

Brooke Krizbai

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Oh this place is so good--it was busy but the staff was friendly and working wide open--the food was amazing--hummus is my favorite anywhere

VoltaTaverna, Owner at Volta Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Thank you for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you loved our hummus and that even though we were very busy, the staff was still friendly and hustling. Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Very good food, service and price! Good location, ample parking atmosphere is inviting. Nice souvenir tee shirts if you like that kinda of thing

Thank you for taking the time to write us a 5 star review! We are getting some new tshirts in a few weeks. They will be posted on facebook. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2017

I have eaten there several times as Volta is my daughter's favorite place. The food is top quality, not overpriced and tastes good. The service has always been prompt and makes you feel "at home".

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am honored that Volta is your daughter's favorite place in Oxford. I strive to make Volta everything you described, so thank you very much for your feedback.

Best Regards,