“BEST PORK CHOP”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Original Cajun Beach House!
Reviewed July 10, 2018

A group of family and friends (6 of us) eat dinner here on Monday evening just before happy hour. We got house wines for $2 glass, margaritas for $4. All mixed drinks were good. Then the $10 14 oz Pork Chop, with collard greens and a very large cheddar pepper cornbread muffin come out! It looked good, but tasted better! This is one of my fav restaurant on the Coast. Good value and good prices. Also the oyster bar is 50% off during happy hour. Relaxed atmosphere and great service.

Thank Hilton and Dorn... K

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I have eaten at this restaurant at least once a week for the past 2 years. In the last 2 months I've noticed a dramatic change in the quantity and quality of the food. I have been back several times hoping that they had a new chef that they were breaking in. Not the case. This appears to be an attempt to control costs by controlling portions and serving a lesser quality of fresh seafood. Was considered one of the best on the Coast. Very disappointed.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

A wonderful relaxed eatery and bar. A very nice cool interior for those who want a nice place to dine, or the outside deck and bar that welcomes you to come as you are. Very friendly staff and a variety of menu items to satisfy everyone. There are always specials on different days of the week, Pork Chop Monday has become a coast favorite!

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

I looked at several reviews. My brother and his wife, son, and sister-in-law really wanted to take us here. Then I read some reviews and was really confused going in. I decided to have an open mind and see what was what.

First impression was that the building is kind of beach cool/funky. The overall setting is very welcoming.

My brother hurt his leg so we needed a low top table. They had none and went out of their way to go get one set up which required moving lots of things around. Very impressive if I may say so. They could have made us wait until a table came open.

The waitress was really quite sweet. She spoke a little softly for this old man who does not hear very well. We got our orders in. Iced tea for everyone except my brother who had to be different and order a soft drink and our meal was set in motion.

A few minutes later it came out. The food was well placed and presented. We started to eat. My brother was not crazy about his but the other 5 of us really liked our meals. I will say the potatoes were played to early and were cold but if I sent them back the pork chop would have gotten cold.

I would say the taste, presentation, and overall ambiance would be a 5/5 but there is never an excuse for cold food. I therefore would say 4.5 out of 5. For TripAdvisor I round down to a 4 in this case.

I think if I was on a couples meal they might get the temps correct. It’s hard to do that with 6 people.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Ate lunch here on a Monday when the special is grilled 14 oz. French style pork chop. The meal was delicious. The pork was cooked exactly as ordered, was tender & juicy. Served with greens and corn bread. All for $10.00 + tax. This is usually a $19 meal on the dinner menu. Restaurant is clean and inviting with great wait staff. Emelie W waited on us. Emelie was efficient, helpful and the service was fast.