“Well Run Establishment”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The first time I came to Jackson on business, I stayed at the La Quinta six miles further east on US 20 in Brandon. The Brandon location is newer and closer to the airport but the one in Pearl is closer to Jackson and the main North/South Highway 55.

Quality-wise it's a toss up and you can't go wrong with either. Although this hotel is older and not quite so stylish - no wall thermostat, smaller lobby, older style bathroom - the rooms are big with high ceilings, nice furnishings, excellent beds, nice flat screen TV and comfortable work desk with office chair. The bonus was the strongest shower I've had in ages but the price was noisy pipes in the morning when people got up to shower before me. Earplugs are always a good idea when sleeping on the road.

But what I appreciated most at this hotel was the desk manager. He's a friendly, and professional guy who runs a tight ship. He called within 5 minutes of checking in to see if I was satisfied with the room. I needed a phone number for a local restaurant and he looked it up and called me back with it. All the staff was friendly and polite.

Great La Quinta value as always with a nice dash of personality thrown in. I'll be back.

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor of these kinds of hotels - it usually seems quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Reviewed 29 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Covington, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I very much enjoyed my visit to the Airport Laquinta In Pearl, Ms. Mr. Kenny Patel and his staff of great professionals always make me feel at home and help in any way to enjoy my stay. Chameka Bogan the front desk manager is the key to the excellent service and the overal warm felling that is precent when you walkin the front door.

Harrold E. Long ~ Helmerich & Payne International Drilling Co.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a group of students on a school-sponsored trip. The students had to pay for their own lodging, so finding a safe yet economical hotel was top priority. Check-in was efficient and easy, even though I was using a school check and had a tax waiver. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms were clean. They also had a free morning breakfast buffet, but we had an organizational breakfast meeting and did not eat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PerryPie
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This was the nicest La Quinta's I have stayed at. I would say it's luxurious. Everything was immaculate. I'm not sure if it's because I used my LQ points to pay, but when I arrived, in my room there was a bottle of water, a package of cookies and a nice note welcoming me. Everything worked perfectly. There was plenty of grass to exercise dogs. The only downfall was, the front desk staff wasn't very friendly. I felt I was bothering them.

Room Tip: I'd bet all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2011

we had been driving all day moving our stuff from Ga to Tx and stopped in at the La Quinta to get some sleep and the man on duty who was not very nice advised us we could not park our trucks in the parking lot, there was plenty of room for the trucks and for other vehicles that would come in after us so while my husband and I was talking about another hotel or continue to drive the man on duty came out and started taking pictures of the trucks. There was no reason why he was doing this, I asked him to remove them and he wouldn't, and when I asked him for his name and his bosses name he refused, we got in our truck and left and I will not ever stay at this hotel or advise anyone else to stay there either.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
PATELKENNY, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

First, we would like to thank you for using Trip Advisor to express your concerns, and especially for considering staying at our hotel. You comments provide us with an opportunity to improve along the way. We clearly understand your position and how you viewed the unfortunate parking situation.

We reviewed your comments and would like to explain that the hotel was actually filling up with reservations that evening. Although at times, a hotel parking lot may be empty, it is known that arriving guests drive late in the evening and expect to find a parking spot available for their vehicle. Because of limited parking spaces, we ask our managers to make sure that guest vehicles including trucks are parked in an orderly manner without taking more spaces than necessary.

As you may know most people these days use cell phones that can receive text messages unexpectedly, and we believe you saw our front desk clerk using his cell phone to check his messages. His cell phone may have looked like a camera. However, property managers are indeed responsible for security and safety of guests and associates even in parking lots. Security duties require good documention of potential incident scenarios on premises.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and assure you that if you give us a chance you will be pleasantly satisfied with hotel and services. So, we encourage you to contcat us dircetly.

Management

Reviewed 26 August 2011

My family and I were on our way to Florida and need a place to stop off for the night and rest. We looked on line and found this hotel. It looked OK so we decided to stop. We were very pleased. The room was clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The next morning, we ate at the breakfast bar provided by the hotel and it was very good. If passing through or planning to stay awhile, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family