“So rude.”

Avellino Pizza
Ranked #32 of 157 Restaurants in Southaven
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

We arrived shortly before 9pm and felt like we might be welcome because they didn't close until 10pm. Boy, were we wrong! We were snubbed right off. We were seated and I ordered an appetizer and chicken parm. The waitress told me how long it took (15 minutes) because she clearly WANTED OUT of there. I told her I would like the chicken, after she suggested some items that took less time to cook. The salads came and I picked the brown parts out my lettuce while my friend returned her dressing because it was nothing but mayonnaise and ranch mix. Eventually, the entree came. The appetizer never did. My friend's ravs were decent. The chicken parm looked like the pasta was not even strained. It was a watery mess. Our waitress drug the mop and bucket out at 9:30, after turning away a customer at 9:20- guilting him into leaving because the kitchen was trying to close. "Her co-worker met her at the door and exclaimed, I can't freaking wait to get out of here!" Our waitress mopped while we asked for boxes as our presence was clearly not welcome. It's really too bad. The place had good reviews. My friend lives close. We will never be back. I understand the owners are very nice and this behavior is not up to their standards.

Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

Avellino's was recommended by the front desk at our hotel (Residence Inn in South Haven, Mississippi). What a great choice! We ordered pizza for delivery; a cheese only for the 6 and 8 year olds, and a sausage combo for the 2 adults, plus 2 cannoli for dessert. Pizza was promised in 30-35 minutes to our door and they met the timeline perfectly. Our delivery guy was friendly. The pizzas were piping hot and the cannoli were in their own separate containers and chilled. This place really knows their stuff!! The pizzas were wonderful. The cheese pizza had lots of cheese over a rich and flavorful red sauce. The combo pizza was loaded with toppings over the same sauce and was so good. Later the cannoli were equally wonderful. This dessert is one of our favorites and these were the best we've had in a very long time.
Although we were traveling through, our return trip in 2 weeks will take us to Avellino Pizza again. Can't wait to try the actual restaurant. This place has my highest recommendation.

Reviewed February 16, 2016

Their pizza and sandwiches are great. Their chef salad is fantastic and big enough for two meals! They also have very fast delivery! We order from our workplace at least a couple of times per month.

Reviewed January 3, 2016

They delivered to my hotel. (Candlewood Suites Memphis-Southaven) great food and dessert, reasonable prices, timely delivery

1  Thank Carla T
Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

Recommended by our hotel and hard to find (their burned-out sign doesn't help) but very sweet friendly staff and good family-style Italian --being enjoyed on a rainy Sunday night by a number of happy families. No frills but cold beer and generous portions at a bargain price. Hence the families with happy kids and mellow parents.

Hidden in a strip mall but just look for the big yellow "Gus' Fried Chicken" sign and Avell----- is right behind them.