US$120
US$104
Hotel Chester(Starkville)(Great Value!)
US$86
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$97/night.

US$99
HIExpress.com
US$72
US$65
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice roomparking lotcarpetcampusmotel
Reviewed June 15, 2017

I was looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay with my small dog when traveling to Starkville for a consultation at the vet school. Since I already was facing considerable expense, I wanted to keep costs down. This motel met my needs perfectly. The office staff was pleasant and attentive and the room spacious, newly remodeled and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed, including a waterfall shower head which was a much-appreciated feature at the end of a long, hard day. I was not at all disturbed by the comings and goings at the nearby tavern and did not hear any loud music or boisterous revelers. If you are looking for a comfortable room at a value price, you can't go wrong staying here.

Room Tip: Vending machines do not work - take your own soft drinks. There is a mini-fridge in each room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
RAJESH P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Starkville - University, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2018

Thank you for your time to express your feelings. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would like to welcome you back in future. Please give us a call to reserve your room and we will be glad to take care of you. Thank you.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

We were looking for a hotel during the graduation exercises at Miss. State University. We waited a little too long, but found a room available here. The room looked nice in the pictures and it was nice. It was clean, the people that run the hotel were nice, and the experience was good. The hotel (actually a motel) was old and the public areas were 1960's, but who spends time there any way. I had a feeling that the facility had changed hands or management, because they seemed to be working hard to upgrade it. The night club near-by was not a problem at all.

Room Tip: anything away from the near by night club.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2017

Absolutely worst hotel I have ever stayed in. All kinds of garbage in parking lot. Room had two beds, and one towel. Sticky floor. Slight smell of smoke. Low light in parking lot, and right next to college bar with kids zooming in and out. Air conditioning sucked. They should have paid me to stay there. Don't do it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We regret to see this kind of comment when we have had so many guests living us with great compliments about our hotel. We will be glad to take care of any issues when you bring it to us during your stay so that we can correct them in timely manner. We request you to communicate with our staff members for any of your needs and it will be taken care while you are staying with us. Please except my apology for any inconvenience. We look forward to see you again in near future. Thank you.

Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

I was surprised how clean and nice the room was! It the front desk staff was extremely nice as well. The only thing I would think to mention is that there is a bar in the same parking lot and parking became hard if you were coming back from dinner on a Friday night. That was the only problem I had and it wasn't even that bad!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for one night and was completely unsatisfied. There was trash in the trash can, hair in the tub, stuff on the bathroom wall, the towels and pillows were dirty, and the toilet was leaking water and was not flushed upon my arrival. When I spoke to the manager he said he would give me a call (he never did) I had to call multiple times. I was offered 15% off
on my next stay, as if I would ever stay there again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taneasha R
RAJESH P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Starkville - University, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2017

In day to day operations we come across different guest complaints and problems with their stay. We try our best to resolve those complaints in timely manner to make sure our guests are completely satisfied and comfortable with their stay when any of our guest inform us during their stay. Our staff members are well-trained to follow the guidelines about taking care of our guests after they check in and until their time. We inform all our guests upon check-in that if they experience any problem with their stay at any time of the day or night please inform us immediately so we can fix it and if we can not fix that problem we will try to move them to a new room and/or offer discounts to make them happy. We keep records of courtesy calls made to guests to ensure they are comfortable with their stay with their name and room numbers and the time of the call after they check in. We at Red Roof Inn Starkville have completely renovated all our rooms recently and we try to keep them clean and comfortable for all of our guests. Unfortunately we couldn't make you happy with the complaints made at the time of checkout after staying the entire night. After checkout investigating this matter in our courtesy call log one of our GSRs made a call to your room and there were no issues reported till the time of checkout. It is very hard for us or any other hotel to verify that the room was dirty beforehand just by looking at those photos that you have posted. We regret to see this kind of wrongful reviews when we try our level best to satisfy our guests. No one will stay the entire night in a dirty room with that many issues and it does not justify the hotel reputation when someone decide to make complaints at checkout time when there is no time for us to correct it. We would like to welcome you at Red Roof Inn Starkville and offer you the same discount towards your next stay or a discount coupon that you will be able to use at any Red Roof location in the United States. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to serving you in future.