All reviews parking garage modern decor nice pool area location is excellent quick grab small bistro coffee bar football stadium free breakfast fire pit staff was friendly definitely stay here again in town my son walking distance front desk staff enjoyed our stay
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay! Just wished they offered breakfast with your stay! But it was convenient to local restaurants, and within walking distance to local shops. This was our first time in Starkville Mississippi, and one of your staff recommended Brewskies for us. We tried it, and was very pleased with what we had! It was delicious!!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jessica K, General Manager at Courtyard Starkville MSU at The Mill Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott while attending a wedding. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our proximity to the local sops/restaurants. We love that you took our recommendation to try Brewskies as it is the best spot in town for shrimp and crawfish! Next time your travels bring you back to Starkville, we hope you will come back to see us again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2018

This was my second time to stay in one of the newer contemporary Courtyards. It is wonderful to have so many power outlets and USB outlets throughout the room.

My room and bath were exceptionally clean and well appointed. I was in town for a sports event, and this was a perfect location for that.

Although check-in time is 3pm, I arrived at 1:30pm due to making better time on the drive than I expected. The desk clerk was obviously new on the job, and her manager was very quick to step in to find me a room similar to that reserved and that had already been cleaned. I really appreciated her extra effort.

My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is that I checked in while it was raining, and I wasn't told that when I parked in the hotel garage that I would have to walk about 150 feet in the rain from the garage to the entrance at the back of the hotel. Had I known that, I would have left my luggage with the front desk staff while I parked the car, and then picked up the luggage at the front desk after parking the car and dashing to the hotel in the rain.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jessica K, General Manager at Courtyard Starkville MSU at The Mill Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott in Starkville while you were attending a sporting event at MSU. It is our goal to not only meet your expectations, but to exceed them so it warms our hearts to hear that we did just that.

We apologize for the lack of communication in regard to our parking garage, especially during incremental weather. I have shared your feedback with our front office manager so we may better improve our communication to our future guests.

Next time you travel back to Starkville we hope you will come back to see us!

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2018

The "Bistro" supervisor Kristie Hall makes your stay at the Marriott a welcoming time. Traveling for business sometimes is lonely, but Kristie has a way provide extra time to make you feel good!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessica K, General Manager at Courtyard Starkville MSU at The Mill Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott and for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding your Bistro experience. Kristie is one of our best Bistro Supervisors and always strives to provide that type of service to make our guests feel at home. I have shared your review with not only Kristie, but our whole staff so we may continue to make our travels feel good. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

I was extremely impressed by the ease of the check in process. The lobby & restaurant on the first floor were well laid out and spacious. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of my room. The bathroom was large and the shower was very roomy. Bed was a 10/10 in comfort and the pillows were just the right firmness. Will always stay in this hotel in the future if in Starkville - I cannot recommend it highly enough!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Courtyard by Marriott in Starkville as we know there are a few places to choose from. We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed the ease of check-in, the spacious bathroom and comfortable bed as it is our goal to exceed all our guests expectations. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we cannot wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 1, 2018

Accommodations were clean, comfortable and more than adequate. Staff was friendly and always available for questions and assistance. But there is a hidden gem in this hotel! Kenneth Hall is the morning chef and he produced glorious, healthy and beautifully prepared works of art. Totally unexpected and far from the dense tasteless bagels you find at most breakfast cafe's in like hotels! It is worth the stay just to see what Kenneth Reed and Kristie Hall produce for your breakfast delight!

Room tip: Locate a little away from elevators for quieter rest.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jessica K, General Manager at Courtyard Starkville MSU at The Mill Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2018

WOW! Thank you for such an amazing review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable hotel and you found our two hidden gems, Kenneth and Kristie. I shared your review with our entire team at our morning meeting and both Kenneth and Kristie’s faces lit up with joy when they heard what an unforgettable impression they left with you. Next time you come back to Starkville we hope you will come back to have some of Kenneth’s glorious works of art at our Bistro.

Yours in Hospitality,