Free cancellation until 29/07
Hotel Chester(Starkville)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$100
US$75
US$70
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Firstly the front desk staff were very plesant. But rooms were less than expected. Comfortable beds.Stained pillow cases, towels dingy and had to request toilet tissue. Our final day, we woke up to a cockroach in tub. Front desk staff very nice though.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ABVI-Starkville, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Hello

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the America's Best Value Inn Starkville MS.

Your hotel experience was not the quality of service America's Best Value Inn stands for. You were promised a clean room and there is no excuse that we failed to provide you with that. The hotel staff strives to provide quality guest service, and we fell short of our goal. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

First impression, the whole thing looks terrible, the ceiling in the main lobby is falling apart, smells like dust all over the place, ugly in the inside, pillows with stains, the curtains get in the in the way of the AC. This is the worst and probably the most terrible hotel that I have ever seen in my life. It feels like I'm a warehouse. And please don't look around too much you'll be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Hello

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem of the stained pillows and the curtains in the way of your air conditioning unit. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest with anything less than a perfect experience. I have spoke to housekeeping and the problem has been fixed. Thank you again for notifying this issue to us.

America's Best Value Inn, Starkville MS

Reviewed May 6, 2017

Ok...I knew I didn't book a 5 star, but ..... Stayed here for a graduation. I refused to take off my shoes or sit down. The bed was full of stains andd the floor was dirty. I couldn't even get enough neeve to stay, so I papacked my bag a drove back 2.5 hours in the middle of the night.

Stayed: May 2017

Hello

I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay at the America's Best Value Inn in Starkville MS.

Reviewed September 27, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed at a different Hotel each time I've had business in Starkville to attend. This is by far the WORST Hotel that I've stayed at. Kenya was the sweetest person you would ever want to me as well as my house keeper Dominic. The male clerk was very rude and showed no type of gratitude when I informed him that my bed was full of small bugs. His response was, "Maybe you already had bugs in your clothes."

The next morning which was Monday I asked the "manager" could I either switch rooms or have a refund, because I was very busy and didn't want to find another Hotel and go through all the steps once I was finish with my business for the day. Mind you I paid $400 to stay my entire visit and this "Bug Inn". The "manager" whom seems like she had no ideal how to run her business said that she would switch my rooms. She didn't apologize, offer a discount, nor did she say anything about the males clerks attitude.

I returned to the Hotel and moved all my things to another room only to find a HUGE BUG in the bath room and one was in the refrigerator. I IMMEDIATELY packed all my belongings and asked for the manager and a refund. The "manager" told me that she wouldn't/couldn't give me a refund.

I will be calling the Health Department and taking this farther. I've never seen such rude people in my life. The male night clerk has ABSOLUTELY NO customer service experience and the "manager" should be fired.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
ABVI S, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2016

America's Best Value Inn in Starkville MS would like to apologize fore the inconveniences of your room and service. We appreciate this review and it has come to our attention for the bed bugs in your room and had our pest control to take care of the problem, but the outcome was that there was no bed bugs in this room. The night desk clerk was also notified about his behavior and that was taken care of promptly. If you are to stay again at our facility, we will promise the best service possible.

Reviewed June 21, 2016

Summary: Cheapest place I’ve ever encountered, except for the price, which was $20-30 higher than the Days Inn a block away, and the Days Inn had a pool.

A) No extras or anything remotely resembling a “luxury” touch: pretty thin bath towels, no mouthwash, no hand towels, no tea. No kleenex (although a desk clerk did supply some tissues, upon request). One waste basket for the whole “suite.” No bottle-opener. No non-slip bathmat but decals on tub floor instead…felt insecure. (There had been a mat at some point because a sign on the side of the tub said that removing it would void the warranty.) No grab bars. Toilet paper stuck into opening because they hadn’t replaced the roll bar. Exactly one glass and two coffee cups but after my second night, the maid left several glasses and several more coffee cups. Limited cable TV: a college town with the 6th ranked baseball team in the country and no ESPNU! In short, the whole place seems like the bare minimum with no effort to provide any added comfort or expense. (However, when the maid came to clean the room, I asked for hand towels, and she promised to bring some.) Breakfast: again, just skimpy. As in the room, no tea or decaf. No butter for the English muffins (although a desk clerk did find some margarine, upon request). Breakfast was cereal and packaged (not fresh) muffins and Danish, and only two juices: apple and cranberry. No yogurt, no fresh fruit, no orange juice. Unappealing and unappetizing presentation.

B) Internet really only worked in lobby for me. After working in lobby, thought I was able to access FB in room, but my FB access was only to a cached copy. I complained every day, several times a day, to whoever was on the desk. Thought it might have been just my room, which was out back, and on the last day, met a fellow traveler who said that the Internet did work in her room. The desk clerk overheard our conversation and said she’d have it checked…although I’d already complained. (She may also have been the same clerk who finally got me a plumber…see below.

C) Toilet dripped. Three requests. First resulted in nothing. Plumber did show up on Day 2 and did his damnedest to fix it. The leak is much quieter now, but it still leaks. And he checked with me again the last day I was there, saying that he might be able to really fix it now that the unit would be empty.

D) Only two accessible electrical outlets. Rest are hidden behind furniture. And the plastic covers are still on some lampshades, which is just tacky.

E) Positives: nice plumber. Good bed. Good airconditioning. Friendly, polite, and helpful room staff, and one desk clerk is very helpful (the rest rather shine you on if you complain). And it is across the street from a prize-winning restaurant, Harveys.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo