All reviews mississippi state university busy intersection complimentary breakfast was very good room was clean excellent stay parking lot is internet access hotel is located third floor nice hotel oatmeal one night stay located close staff was friendly in town great place to stay enjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

I could of used a refrigerator in the room.
This Hampton was better than I thought it was going to be, but it’s one that doesn’t have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. I had I king room on the top floor and it sounds like it was more quite than my partners room that was on the second floor. He heard doors slamming durning the night that I didn’t. My king size bed was comfortable compared to the hotels I stayed at earlier in the week. Hampton seems to have the kind of beds I like, plusher and not stiffer.
It was MS Football weekend, so the rate was sky high and I expected it to be noisy, but I had a quite comfortable night in my room. Nice big HD tv in the room and bathroom was clean. Used the pool despite leaves and a bug or two in it, but it is fall. The pool guy must of already went home for the day, as I did use the pool till evening.
Didn’t like the smokers sitting around the pool either, but....
Places close by to walk to eat.
Maybe an older Hampton Inn ? and smaller than some, but the people working there were nice and it was a clean comfortable stay on the third floor. Hall and room decor wasn’t so fresh, but it wasn’t bad either, room being better than the hall decor. I had to leave so early, I didn’t have a chance to try the breakfast that’s included. But the food display area was small and it was hot in there. Had some juice from the watered down juice machine and a cup of coffee, but that was all I had time for.
Nice here for this one night, but don’t expect a refrigerator and microwave in the room and expect to pay heavily on college food ball weekends to stay here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Jordan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear BobbyDD,

Thank you for letting us in on your experience and how everything went during your stay. You pointed out some great features and some opportunities for improvements. We are an older property, but we just finished a complete renovation of our hotel this year. Now we can turn our focus to new areas that will make us a better overall property. We hope that you are going to come back and let us earn a 5-star stay!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Nice place to stay and staff is very nice. Breakfast could be a little better. Other than that hotel is a must go to. Swimming pool, carpet, room and everything else is clean. Location is great lots of restaurants around.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jordan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear walkers2001,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a little feedback and some direction on how we can improve the overall satisfaction of you and the rest of our guests. It does not go unheard and will make a difference in our day-to-day focus.
We hope that you will consider us in future travels in Starkville. Our team would be delighted to welcome you back!

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the Florida MSU football game and the location was perfect! We were able to walk to the stadium so no need to worry about parking. I highly recommend it. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast didn’t feature many options but was adequate. Great stay overall?

Stayed: September 2018
Jordan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Dear gatorcindy,

Thank you for letting us be your choice during the home game. It was an exciting game and an absolute pleasure getting to interact with all of the home and away fans. Our team hopes we will be the place for your next visit to the Starkville area. Enjoy the rest of the season!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I had reserved a room 11 months early for a Mississippi State football game, but my credit card had been reissued with a new number just prior to our stay. Jordan and the front desk team were amazing as they explained the issue and were able to secure a room for us on a completely sold out night. Thank you Starkville Hampton for above and beyond service, and for a great night's sleep!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Stanton L,

Our team greatly appreciates that you chose us and were so kind to leave us some feedback about your stay. We know that you trust Hilton for their promise on giving the best stays possible. It makes us happy when we know we make you happy. Until we can welcome you back, we thank you for letting us be a part of your trip!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Everything was as expected for a Hampton. Only issue was the complimentary breakfast. It’s hard to complain about something that is free but I have to say the items they offered were rather gross. Faux meat, faux eggs. The room itself is very comfortable and the location is great.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jordan S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Starkville, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2018

Dear Bynn W.,

We value your feedback and very appreciative of your time you gave to provide it. The eggs are a very important part of our hotel and our guests' stay. We will take your information and work on it with our kitchen staff to make sure that everything we offer taste fresh, delicious, and leaving you wanting more!

Best regards,