“Nice for what we needed it for....”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yazoo City
Brandon, Mississippi
“Nice for what we needed it for....”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We were in Yazoo for a BBQ competition. This hotel was ok for what we needed. Staff was friendly, the ONLY thing that bothered me was housecleaning was not doing a good job. We got in so late and crashed I didn't noticed until the day of departure...I think they could have done a much better job cleaning.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PBoggan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
lakeland,fl
Reviewed 26 March 2011

While at this hotel someone came into the room and took my laptop and on top of all of this . The rooms are dirty

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank bkhines01
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 August 2010

Having spent 1 month travelling through the USA, the Econo Lodge in Yazoo City was the worst hotel by far. The rooms were disgusting - we stayed in what was called a "suite" which was quite large but filthy. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but everything smelt of cigarette smoke and it would definitely not be a room you would want to shine an infra-red light on to show up the stains (it would be a never ending job). The bathroom did not have a shower, only a shower hose attached to the bath that we couldn't get to work and there was no way we would have used the spa bath.

I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel, although my 13 year old son really enjoyed the wildlife - raccoons hanging around the old toilet in the car park!

The only bright spot was Ribeyes Restaurant where we had fantastic service and a wonderful steak. This had been completely demolished in the tornado in April and had just reopened recently.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nztraveller101
Traveler
Reviewed 13 July 2008

There isn't anything I would say derogatory about this property. It seems to be a decent value for what you pay.
We payed around $68 with tax.
The rooms are a good size and clean. I would say it's an average to maybe a little better than average Comfort Inn.
They do a pretty good breakfast although the breakfast area itself is small.
The staff and and the owners are all friendly and helpful.
The pool was not very big but it was clean and very refreshing as it felt like it was around 100 degrees when we were there.
I've stayed here a couple of times and it's always been a clean place which I appreciate.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The towels
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 March 2008

This was not a terrible experience for me. I thought the room was clean enough. My colleague thought this place was better than the night we had spent in the Comfort Inn in Cleveland, MS the night before. The people at the front desk were nice. The breakfast was the same old thing. I would stay there again and I would recommend it to someone staying in Yazoo City.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 26 June 2007

I have stayed in the same suite for years and it was nice but this time was a nightmare. The couch, desk chair, and cabinets had stains on them. Between the top sheet and blanket were someone's pubic hairs and a wad of green gum stuck on the headboard. The jets in the tub, water releasers in the sinks, and both toilets were filthy. You could see they had not been cleaned in a long time. Mold was in the bathroom tiles and around the tub. Trash was on the parking lot along with a shopping cart. All the flower pots that use to have beautiful flowers are now filled with weeds or dry dirt. The maid try to clean the toilets and jets but they were too filthy to get clean. I had to put a towel over the chair because of the white stains all over the seat and run just enough water in the tub to cover my feet so I could stand up to wash and rinse. I went to Best Western to get a room but they were booked. I made the manager come in my room to see the place and when it was check out time I had to pay for 5 days of pure filth. If there was any other place to stay I would have left the first day. He never offered me a different room, did a follow up, or reduced the rate. When it was managed by someone else it was nice. I wouldn't suggest anyone to spend their money there.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room and the way the manager handled the situation
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Cherry87