“I didn't think it was too bad”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yazoo City
Lafayette, Louisiana
“I didn't think it was too bad”
Reviewed 25 March 2008

This was not a terrible experience for me. I thought the room was clean enough. My colleague thought this place was better than the night we had spent in the Comfort Inn in Cleveland, MS the night before. The people at the front desk were nice. The breakfast was the same old thing. I would stay there again and I would recommend it to someone staying in Yazoo City.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 26 June 2007

I have stayed in the same suite for years and it was nice but this time was a nightmare. The couch, desk chair, and cabinets had stains on them. Between the top sheet and blanket were someone's pubic hairs and a wad of green gum stuck on the headboard. The jets in the tub, water releasers in the sinks, and both toilets were filthy. You could see they had not been cleaned in a long time. Mold was in the bathroom tiles and around the tub. Trash was on the parking lot along with a shopping cart. All the flower pots that use to have beautiful flowers are now filled with weeds or dry dirt. The maid try to clean the toilets and jets but they were too filthy to get clean. I had to put a towel over the chair because of the white stains all over the seat and run just enough water in the tub to cover my feet so I could stand up to wash and rinse. I went to Best Western to get a room but they were booked. I made the manager come in my room to see the place and when it was check out time I had to pay for 5 days of pure filth. If there was any other place to stay I would have left the first day. He never offered me a different room, did a follow up, or reduced the rate. When it was managed by someone else it was nice. I wouldn't suggest anyone to spend their money there.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room and the way the manager handled the situation
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Cherry87