“They should be ashamed of themselves”

Krieger's Pub & Grill
Ranked #63 of 99 Restaurants in Ballwin
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 22 February 2017

While at a group party, the restaurant served toasted ravioli and chicken strips that were so over fried, that neither item could be eaten. The taste disgusting. A tiny portion of marinara sauce was served.

The second and third times the hotel trays were replenished, the food was not as burned, but still disgusting.

The host of the party was embarrassed, and Krieger's certainly will never get my business again.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Krieger's is a restaurant I go to based on closeness to my home more than anything else. As noted in some other reviews, there isn't a lot that distinguishes it from any other neighborhood sports bar place, but there also isn't anything about it that is inherently awful.

The menu is average and it doesn't change much, but I have never ordered anything there that I didn't enjoy. The southwest salad and the southwest wrap are my favorite.

You are probably going to wait for a while at some point - when you get there to be noticed that you would like to be seated, have a carryout order you'd like to pick up, first appearance by a server, to get your check, etc. There always seem to be a lot of employees standing around doing the "if I don't make eye contact with you, you aren't my problem" thing. However, I have never had a server be rude or not helpful, just slow and not particularly interested in my dining experience.

Overall it's a good place for a convenient meal that is well portioned and tastes good. Some things could improve, but I wouldn't count this place out entirely.

Reviewed 31 January 2017

The wraps and sandwiches are still fairly good here. While the grilled chicken breast is now average compared to years past, it still tasted good. The seasoned fries are still some of the best around, but they no longer serve a large mound of them. The serving size is ok for most, but they certainly had a reputation for large servings 15+ years ago. The service was good, but you probably don't want to be pressed for time if you go there. Just relax and enjoy the tv until your food is served.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

A local volunteer group has been meeting there periodically for dinner for a number of years. The main reason to meet there has been location. While the service has been OK the food quality & preparation has been inconsistent. The food is basic and uninspired in terms of taste. The kitchen staff either lacks knowledge or suffers from inattention. On my most recent visit I ordered the bison burger medium rare. It was served well done & almost inedible. I had asked for added mushrooms & bacon. The mushroom serving was sparse & they forgot the bacon. The kitchen most certainly should know bison is never cooked past medium rare. This is not the first kitchen error I've experienced here. The menu needs an overhaul & the kitchen staff need much training. Now that Joey B's is open within a few miles, that is an option to be seriously considered for our next meeting. If you're looking for average, or below average, pub food, this is your place. However, you may want to explore options if you desire better prepared, tasty food.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped at Krieger's for lunch. It has been a number of years since I've eaten at a Krieger's, in fact the menu was very familiar. It's a menu that has worked, but the whole experience was, and always has been, very average. There's little to distinguish KPG from a number of other small chain burger, sports bars in the St. Louis area. We had salad and the bison burger, they were good, but nothing more than average.

Our service was good, what you would expect. KPG is located in a small strip center with a couple of other restaurants as well as other business. Finding it can be a bit confusing, but there's plenty of parking once you get there.

Regretfully, there's no reason to go back to Krieger's. There are simply many restaurants which are above average.