“Wonderful Hotel”

Hilton St. Louis Airport
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Just have to say they won us over .
We stayed the night before our flight and had a great time .
The staff were friendly, the room, meals, and service were excellent.
It takes alot of the stress from a early mornig flight to stay the night at the Hilton.
We now recommend the Hilton to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: The rooms are all nice .. pay a little extra and get the breakfast included .. it's a great pla...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mechaniac1
There are newer reviews for Hilton St. Louis Airport

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I travel to St. Louis quiet a bit for work and usually stay at the Renaissance or the Marriott near the airport. I stayed at Hilton St. Louis Airport for the first time this week because Renaissance was fully sold out. I am so glad that happened because otherwise I would not have tried Hilton.

I've experienced excellent customer service at Front Desk, Restaurant, Bar and by the staff when I was roaming the halls. I would not have expected such service from an airport Hilton because my experience at Chicago ORD Airport Hilton wasn't so positive (great location, clean but not known for service).

I am super tired and have been lagging on writing reviews, but logged on just to say thanks to those the hostesses at the restaurant; Kim who was my server during breakfast; Amanda who was my server during dinner; and everyone at the Front Desk; bell desk; shuttle drivers; and especially Joel Alca, supervisor at the bar. Joel went above and beyond to make me and my colleagues feel comfortable after a long day at work. All of our "tough" requests were met with a smile and was a great hotelier.

Oh, and let me not forget that he oversees the bartender who recommended Penfolds Shiraz to pair with my pork chops! The manager and the staff really knew their wines and helped everything taste better.

The hotel facility needs a little upgrade, but compared to other hotels near the airport, everything is comparable. I am definitely returning for the customer service experience. It is beautiful when everyone is happy to be working there and it shows. Hope the management keeps the focus on service for many years to come.

Room Tip: The Tower 1 elevator is closer than Tower 2. If you have heavy bags, request Tower 1 rooms. No nee...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Maggie K
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed overnight after flying in, arriving late. The shuttle service to the hotel was fast. Other pluses-- rooms and other areas were clean, staff was helpful and friendly, airport noise was practically nonexistent, location near airport. The little "gift" shop by check-in has convenient frozen and other foods and snacks. I didn't try the restaurant.
The decor and rooms are typically Hilton. The most interesting feature: vintage photographs about TWA and the airport. For my taste, the emphasis on brown (walls and carpet) in the halls and rooms would be depressing if staying for any length of time.
The pool is much smaller than it looks in the website pictures and there is no whirlpool. I did not care for the music piped in the lobby area -- too much like being in a bar.
When I checked in, there were only two of us and only one desk clerk. After what seemed 10 minutes, a person in the back finally came out to check me in.
I had asked for a room near the elevator in my reservation and they complied. However, it was a little TOO near the elevators because there was a little audible "whine" every time the elevators moved. I don't know it this happens on every floor, but certainly is the case on the 9th (top) floor. Fortunately, I had earplugs with me.

Room Tip: Noise from elevators is audible in rooms right next door, at least on the top (9th) floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank IQ140
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Airport hotels are usually so anonymous, yet this one is different.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Chris2421356707655
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed here one night before a conference. Checked in after 8 PM and had a smooth front desk experience. Walked to second tower and got to our room and keys wouldn't work! It was a long walk with luggage, so I called the front desk from house phone. They had someone there within a few minutes to get us in our room, they provided new cards and cleaned the card reader on the door to insure no more problems. Got a phone call from manager about 30 minutes later to check and see if everything was fine and if we needed anything. This is customer service!!! Rooms were big and clean. Excellent parking for flyers out of St. Louis Airport. Will sure stay agian. Only negative was the fact that there is no free internet in rooms. Had to go to lobby to use or pay by the day for use in room.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Turf&Surf
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We often use the park and fly feature at this hotel to take vacation trips out of Lambert International as the shuttle busses are timely and run frequently. That part of the stay was perfect. The food/drinks were good as well. That part of the stay was as expected and the price I paid was very reasonable for a Hilton. However, maybe because I paid so little, I got a really bad room.
The room (number 202) was just dreadful. I should have requested a different room, but by the time I got to the room, it was late, we had to get up at 4 AM to catch a flight out of the country and I didn't feel like the hassle.
The supposed queen size bed was small and uncomfortable. The toilet wasn't quite clean. Even by the standards of this Hilton (many of the room doors here open out to the hallway because the rooms are very small), the room was tiny. The trash can for the bathroom was in the bedroom because there wasn't any room in the bathroom for it. First place I've ever stayed that had the closet in the bathroom.
Worst of all, this particular room had a howling air return vent that even drowned out the jets taking off from Lambert. The TV had to be very loud just to hear it across the room. Very disappointing.
Again, I'm sure they would have been happy to relocate me, but come on. A Hilton name means something and to have this kind of room in a fairly decent hotel is unacceptable.
Given previous stays, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt next time, but there is a lot competition close by and we've often also used other hotels within a pitching wedge of the front door.

Room Tip: You might want to check out your room before heading off to dinner.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Many reviewers have already commented on the age of the property - while that it is true - it was exceptionally maintained. Everything worked and worked well. Very comfortable bed, and a very attentive staff. Convienently located by the airport but not a real great area of town. Dining options off property were limited unless you wanted to venture out.

Room Tip: The West Wing was nice - I don't know about the rest of the property.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berkeley
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch

Been to Hilton St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!