“Got What I Expected For the Price”

St. Louis Travelodge
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Overall, this hotel was pretty standard for the price range compared to like places I've stayed at. It's just a basic hotel room, nothing fancy. It met my criteria of cheap, safe, and clean. Front desk staff was friendly, the two rooms I stayed in were clean, and everything that I used was functional. The sound-proofing left something to be desired, but that's why I brought ear plugs. If you're looking for a basic hotel room with bare amenities at a reasonable price, I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
ritap17, Manager at St. Louis Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thank you for taking your time out and writing a review for our property. Hope we can offer you our business on your next trip!

Reviewed 13 August 2011

The room was acceptable and the service was extraordinary. Definitely a good place to stay. I'd go back for another visit. The hotel could use a fitness center and swimming pool to make it better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2011

The hotel was in decent shape for the price. There were minor repairs needed in the room. The desk staff, however, were all but rude. Both the woman at night and the young man in the morning acked like we were bothering them when we checked in and checked out. The young man refused to give us a receipt for our stay or refund the safe fee He said I booked through Hotels.com. I did not. I booked by phone via the 800 number. The breakfast was great, if you like a bowl of cereal and a half a cup of coffee. That is all they had available. The yound man couldn't be bothered to make more coffee.

This was my first stay at a Travelodge so I didn't know what to expect.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

After 2 weeks of staying in similar low-end motels and being happy with all of them, I guess sooner or later I had to come across one that annoyed me, and here it is. Firstly, the room type I booked was not available when I checked in. Minor quibble, but if you book a certain type of room in advance you expect it to be held for you. No explanation, no apology. The rooms themselves - well, it's Travelodge so you get no frills. Everything just looked tired though - furniture old, a bit rough round the edges, toilet stained and seat in need of a good clean. Bed soft and uncomfortable to sleep on. Worst of all, the freezer still contained someone else's food. That just smacks of lazy housekeeping. And to top it all off, breakfast was pathetic. I've lived off free continental breakfasts for the past 2 weeks and I know that they're not meant to be a cornucopia, but seriously: 2 types of cereal, half a loaf of bread, frozen mini muffins, OJ and coffee. No decaf, no tea, no hot water. No choice of bread. It pretty much sums the place up - the owners seem happy to do the bare minimum, and provided you're prepared to accept that, then fair play.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevlondon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

At first, unsure about how this property would stack up by the look and location. Did have one incident of screaming in the hallway . . . but the front desk was helpful, the rooms were clean and generally quiet, and the price was right.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Room was okay, though the shower dripped and handle was loose. As a previous review mentioned, the hallway did have a lingering smell of smoke.
Continental breakfast was two kinds of cereal, and some mini muffins - about as minimal as I've seen.
Hotel is very close (2-3 minutes) from rental car returns, and there's a gas station right across the street.
Good value, great location, and reasonable rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed 25 May 2011

i havd the best business trip to st. louis. the staff was very friendly. the rooms were clean and well stalked. i very much enjoy staying here. i have been here off and on in the last 2 months. i would not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: call and speak with rita. she is the best.