“Great place”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

Ate here tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. The lamb kleftiko was amazing and the sea bass just as good. Would highly recommend , very friendly service too

Reviewed January 23, 2017

Haven't been to this place since it changed its name but I am glad that we did. The menu is extensive and mixture of Greek, Italian and British. There were four of us and all of our dishes were superb and tasty. It is a little bit more expensive than one or two other pubs around there but we thought it was worth it as it feels more like a restaurant.

The staff were really efficient and friendly, we would definitely go back again for sure

Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

I love the Elgar restaurant, the staff are very welcoming and the food is amazing. If you are sitting in the main restaurant or in the bar area the service is still great. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere, very relaxing and comfortable.

3  Thank Malumi201
Reviewed December 31, 2016

This restaurant used to be known as the Yorkshire Grey and my goodness has it changed! Of course under different management it used to be expensive and a bit stuffy but I was very pleased with my first visit since this has been a Greek / Italian restaurant.

The area certainly needs this variety of food so we went along full of anticipation and were not disappointed. Unfortunately I had fish which was a bit dry but the head waiter said he would organise something better for me next time. The staff were excellent and basically the food was very good. WIne too was sensibly priced and decent - what a refreshing change!

I will certainly go again soon.

2  Thank aliasclint
Reviewed December 31, 2016

Nice dining room with helpful and attentive staff (family members). As it was Christmas there was a special menu with good choice of non-turkey meals. All three of us enjoyed the well presented food we chose. I had the three chop with plum sauce option and an excellent freshly made bruschetta as starter, Prices reasonable.

Usually there is a much larger menu available. We discovered this because one party of regular users left shortly after arriving as they had expected to find the long menu from which they normaly chose.

Much improved from the "Yorkshire Grey" which was its former name,

2  Thank Dick T