See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Returning from the east coast to Ontario via the TransCanada, we discovered Settlers Inn and really enjoyed our spacious motel room with full kitchenette. There is a good grocery store in town, so we picked up the food we needed and had a lovely BBQ (there is a shared gas BBQ outside), dining in the great outdoors at the picnic table. The unit had everything we needed (including WiFi), a TV and was clean and pleasant. There are also cabins available on site, which we will consider for a future trip. Proprietress was very friendly and accommodating - recommended. P.S. - do NOT take Route 108 to Plaster Rock, the road needs a lot of work. Stay on the highway and pop in from Perth-Andover on the 109.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2016

A family visit brought me back to Plaster Rock. Settler's has been the 'go to' spot for many of our family for many years now. The motel is in a great spot about 250m from the junction of Route 108, highway Renous-Plaster Rock.
The motel is quiet, the cabin we stayed in was clean and comfortable. These are housekeeping units so if you want to cook your own meals its perfect.
The motel is very near the Plaster Rock Welcome Centre, and Roulston Lake, home of the "World Pond Hockey Championships" in winter.
I took a hike around the lake, about 30~40 mins, very beautiful peaceful easy walk.

Room Tip: The Cabins / Cottage rooms are spacious
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed March 18, 2016

I visited this inn for a brief overnight stay. Upon arriving I had to head to a work event immediately and did not have time to inspect the room upon arrival. Returning later, I discovered a broken toilet and had to reach into the gross tank to flush the toilet. Given the late hour, I decided not to worry about it, I would just report it in the morning.

I then found pubic hairs in the tub. I had to clean the tub myself in order to feel safe using it. Upon exiting the tub I found pill bugs on the floor. Again, I excused these as being common in spring, which was a mistake as they are common near dirty, rotting, or damp areas.

After this, going to bed, I found a spider in the bed, and sheets, although apparently washed, were old, ripped, and stained with what appeared to be blood stains. I should have called at this point, but given the extremely late hour, and the fact that the manager is not on premises, I didn't not think I was able to.

In addition, the coffee pot was extremely dirty, both inside and out. It's obvious no one even considered cleaning this.

When bringing these issues up to the manager the next day she immediately offered me a FULL refund and ADMITTED SHE HADN'T INSPECTED THE ROOM. She offered this twice and then changed her mind and blamed me, stating it way my fault for not calling. In my exhausted state of mind, I did not know I could, which is the only reason I did not. She then BLAMED ME again and changed her mind, stating she would only offer a 50% refund.

In short, I paid for a service I did not receive, and there should have been no issue about a refund.

Room Tip: My room tip: Go somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank A D
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a cottage while in Plaster Rock for a family function and another night after a motorcycle road trip to Cape Breton Island and back. Very clean and comfortable. Friendly staff. Gift shop has some unique items. Did not eat at restaurant but locals said it is good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here one night in June and while the room was clean, it smelled very musty. Also, the door lock was almost impossible to open and obviously needed replacement, however this was not done. Room was small, but comfortable. We did not eat in the restaurant, but heard the food was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends