“Disappointing”

Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark
Ranked #129 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed at Castle Rock because my sister wanted the waterpark. The room were clean enough. The staff was efficient and pleasant. My niece and nephew are 5 and 3 so the water park was fine for them. If your kids are over 12, they will get bored. The two waterslides are fun for a while. The lazy river is small and not very lazy. The current was stronger than I've ever experienced and may intimidate weak swimmers. The toddler area is good with several slides and waterfalls to play in. Sorry grown-ups, no hot tub for you. My sister stayed in the family suite which is really just one big room with a mini-fridge, microwave and sink. It had the bunkbeds in a oversized closet with a tv. I got one the atruim rooms. Not realizing they are actually next door to the waterpark. They bought a "Days Inn" type motel. So nothing fancy, just a basic hotel room with exterior doors. To upgrade to the tower room was another $50/night. Not worth it to us. Luckily the weather was warm enough so this wasn't a problem walking across the parking lot. During the summer months, I can't see any reason to pay the extra money for the waterpark. Just spend the day at White Water. And even in the winter, just stay one night that will give you two days in the waterpark and then move to another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Castle Rock Resort & Waterpark

Reviewed 14 April 2012

This is a decent hotel but when in Branson you can find other hotels that offer more value for the money than this hotel. It is just average across the board the beds are not comfortable two small they do not have queens only full beds but the rooms are large enough to hold two queens easily. They are just run of the mill decor the tvs are old style flat screens that have horrible picture very grainy and not worth enjoying when staying in for a restful night. No free breakfast only a pay for restaurant and no gym or workout facility. Yes it has a water park indoors but it is not much larger than a play area you see inside a McDonald's except they added water to a could of the tube slides. We will not stay at this location again we will locate a better value for the money from a different hotel next visit. And also the staff is not polite they have no real personality and actually could care less it seems you are a customer they need more people persons type front desk clerks night and morning staff

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had booked this hotel with waterpark two months in advance for my daughter's 6th birthday. We arrived at 3:45 for check-in. I was told room was not ready so I waited. At 4:00 staff gave me waterpark braclets but did not want to swim before bday party so waited. Did not get room until 5pm because was not ready. I had six kids crazy for party and swimming. Went to room and it was filthy!! I had waited for them to get it ready and looked like they had walked in and out. The bedsheets looked used and the bathroom was awful. After the party we went swimming and none of the kids could enjoy themselves because the smell of chlorine was so bad. All of them kept coughing and running to the open door for air. I will NEVER stay at castlerock branson again. My daughter's 6th bday was suppose to be fun but I'm sure she will remember the time she stayed at a hotel and couldn't breathe. Would not recommended anyone thinking of going!! The staff could care less if you need anything or had trouble with room. Worse managing of a hotel I have ever seen!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at castlerock branson ever!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank sis b
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I stayed here one night with my two children during Spring Break. We arrived at check in time (4:00) to utter chaos! After waiting 30 minutes in the crowded lobby we were told that they didn't have clean rooms available. We waited four hours to get into a room. The hotel staff didn't offer any sort of comp for our wait and seemed to blame us for the issue. The rooms are outdated, the bed linens smelled like grease - they must have been washed with linens from the restaurant, and the bathtub wasn't clean. The water park is nice, but we have stayed at Grand Country is the past and there aren't many differences between the two. I would recommend buying a day pass for the water park and staying at a better hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the building with the water park otherwise you have to trek across one or two parking...
Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Check in took over two hours. They offered the guest the Service of late check out due to the rain. Two days later we asked about the late service check out and staff informed us they had not done that in months. I know for a fact they did it that Wednesday. We were told they had just changed the policy when the hotel was booked to capacity.

Room was filthy. Clon of hair in the bath tub. Pubic hair on the toilet. We paid an extra $10 to have a refrigerator and microwave brought in. We requested that it be turned on so it would be cold when we arrived. It wasn't even plugged in. There were no hand towels and we had to go get out own bath towels from the maid cart.

Indoor waterpark chlorine content will choke you. Kids could not hardly stand their eyes burning so badly. I could Bartley breathe in their. I had to sit next to a window that was propped open. There was an accident in the pool and staff were not having children get out of the pool for it to be cleaned.

This hotel does not card about its guest and only care about their money. Go to grand country to have indoor swimming.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Divemistresskristie
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was our first trip to Branson and since our time was limited our family vacation had to be a short one. I was worried after taking our 2 boys (both 8 yrs old) here after DisneyWorld last year they wouldnt enjoy themselves. However the rooms were not to bad and they enjoyed having the waterpark attached right to the hotel. So we were able to get them to do other things during the day and could come back to the hotel and swim. The waterpark had 2 slides and a lazy river. Enough to keep them busy. I would definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pie424
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We just got back from 2 nights at this resort. While the kids had fun in the water, we noticed that the air ventilation in the waterpark must be poor. Whenever, we were in the lazy river (or anywhere on the 2nd floor), our children would start coughing and felt like their throats hurt. My eyes were sore while up there. My husband noticed other people coughing a lot in the lazy river also. He mentioned something to a lifeguard, who blew him off. Then, he told a lady at the front desk. She did seem concerned but I guess we don't know if they are going to do anything about it. After doing some research online, it is not good at all because the air seemed to be contaminated with a chloramines due likely to poor ventilation of the pool area. This is serious, b/c it can cause several problems or health issues in people. I am guessing in the summer when the air conditioner is running, there is better air circulation & ventilation, but in the winter it sure seems like a health hazard, that I hope the hotel takes serious concern with. I will be watching my 4 small children the next few days to make sure there are no issues linked to this.

Otherwise, the stay was fine. The room was a little smaller than it looked like online - but that is to be expected. I am sure there was a sq. footage stated that I didn't notice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family