“Friendly and helpful Staff”

The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #58 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Friendly and helpful Staff”
Reviewed 15 November 2011

The rooms are clean and roomy. The staff is awesome. The pool was huge and very nice. Every room has a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Right on hwy 76 so you can walk to different places. I have recommended family and friends to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tmcap

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Louisiana
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The hotel is very nice. Rooms are nice size and clean. Beds were very comfortable. The rooms all have a balcony, which is quite small but room enough for two people. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful. We did not eat in the resturant. They do provide a full buffet breakfast which was very good. Unfortunately, the breakfast area is a little small for this size hotel, and at least for the two days we were there, it was very crowded due to bus tours. You didn't have to wait too long for a seat however as long as you don't mind eating with strangers. The hotel parking lot is quite steep, but manageable. Overall very nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Zanesville,OH
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable, but so high off the floor there was a step stool. The room also had a balcony overlooking the pool area. We did not spend much time in the room or the hotel, but our experience was good. Breakfast was located in a separate bulding where a very nice restaurant Buckingham's is located. The buffet was very good and had a real full breakfast. My only complaint was the lack of good parking. Branson is a very hilly place with lots of steep grades. This was the case with the Clarion. Overall this is a very nice hotel with good service.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lledford
tim d, General Manager at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
I would like to thank you for your great review...You are correct Branson is a very hilly place.!!! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and taking the time to write such a nice reveiw.!!!! thanks
topeka
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The room we stayed in was very nice. Clean, well equipped bath, comfy bed. The restaurant, Buckingham’s was fantastic - make a reservation for a private room for two. Get a bottle of wine.
BUT, the front desk staff was horrible. While they do offer shuttle to and from School of the Ozarks Airport, you better arrange in advance. Even when I did, Sharon at the front desk said she would contact the driver “as soon as she could”. Driver showed up after 40 minute wait. When checking in, wife and I waited for Sharon to have a conversation with the cleaning staff about something non-hotel related. Then, it was hard to converse with Sharon because the other desk gentleman was talking so loudly on the phone. Again, later I needed directions from the desk and Sharon was just too busy to help. Actually, she was rude. The day before we left, I let Sharon know that I would be needing a shuttle to the airport. She said that would be hard to do because I needed to make those arrangements in advance. “Yes, that’s why I’m requesting the shuttle now, for tomorrow. I also let you know this when I made room reservations, by phone, two weeks ago, and it was you that I spoke with.” “Well, I’ll see what I can do, but I’m busy.” This lady, Sharon, must be related to the owner, otherwise, she wouldn’t be there! There was another incident with the front desk that I witnessed while waiting and waiting for the shuttle. But, I’ll save you the pain. I will say, the staff handled that incident very inappropriately.
I will be back, because the room, restaurant, location and price are very attractive, however, the front desk was not.

Room Tip: South side room overlooking pool is preferred. Like the small ledged patio. If you don't need...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irving s
Thankyou for the reveiw on the property, I would like to explain a couple of things, I was the one who came to airport to get you, I was dispatched immediatly after receiving the phone call, and I had to stop and fill up with gas and with traffic thats why it took as long as it did. And with the front desk issue, I have since had a front desk meeting with all the staff and showed them all your review, and talked to them all on how to correctly help our valued customers.Thankyou for your comments because if we are not informed, I cannot address these kind of issues.I am happy that you found the room to your expectations. Thankyou
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2011

This was our 3rd time back to branson, and I guess the third time really is the charm! This was our 3rd different hotel, and the best by far!

The location is right ON the strip, which is a little congested, and the parking lot was anything but level, BUT it was well worth it! The hotel is gorgeous! The photos in the ad do not do it justice! We made a reservation at the last minute, and they were very accomodating. AND they give a very good discount for active and retired military. When we arrived, we asked if there was somewhere we could get tickets for a certain show THAT NIGHT! The desk clerk was very helpful and said there was a company I could call from my room and they would deliver the discounted tickets within about an hour! I called, then we ate dinner in the absolutely stunning restaurant. We had a romantic "private" alcove, and the food was very reasonable and delicious. The hotel also gives 2 complimentary drinks. After dinner, we picked up our tickets at the front desk, and went to the show. How organized and helpful!

The decor of the hotel is "Jungle". It is very tastefully done, and gorgeous. Our room was very clean and comfortable. It had a microwave and fridge AND a small balcony w/ 2 chairs. Our balcony overlooked the beautiful outdoor pool and restaurant. The complimentary breakfast consisted of buiscits, gravy, a meat, waffles, cereal, pastry, donuts, fruit, juice, milk, coffee, yogurt, etc. It was available in the breakfast area of the restaurant which is reached via a covered walk-way. We also discovered an indoor pool as well downstairs from the restaurant.

Everything was clean and shiny and beautiful! There were several places on the property to "get away"....a balcony overlooking the pool, a room with small tables, the loby, etc. The staff was couteous and helpful. Our 2 nights there were very enjoyable. We felt slightly pampered! We would definitely stay at the Clarion Hotel again!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
tim d, General Manager at The Branson Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 September 2011
Thank you for your fabulous...!!!!!! reveiw..... It is always good to hear compliments like that.. Please tell your freinds, we would like to make their stay FABULOUS also!!!!!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This hotel was a positive experience and I want to get that message out there. Initially had some concern because some of the reviews I read on this site..so not true. Great service, very clean, comfy beds, nice breakfast, nice pools, perfect location in the heart of activity, and a fairly good price. Concierge helped us find a mechanic to work on our van brakes. Our safe needed new batteries, someone came to replace immediately (we were charged a safe fee of 1.67 that i objected to and the kindly removed it-they had said that "clarion usually charges this fee??"

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Walnut Shade, Missouri
Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed here for a girls' night out, and had a great experience. First, the location is ideal for exploring the Branson "strip" (Hwy 76). It was too cold to walk places, but in warmer weather, one could certainly do so. Second, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and we really enjoyed the pool/hot tub area. Last, the hot breakfast was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends