“Not worth the money”

Hampton Inn Branson - Branson Hills
Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Branson
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I was so disappointed it was nothing I was expecting our room had not been clean our sons bed seemed like pee I asked for a microwave and they didn't have any I had a better stay at the Baymont inn! The beds were hard I could go on and on!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Caressem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn at Branson Hills. It is a fairly new facility. It was very clean, and the staff was wonderful. We really liked not staying right on the strip with all of the noise and traffic, and the hotel was less than a 10 minute drive from everywhere we wanted to go. Very Pleased.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ppett77
red deer, ab
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Below is a copy of an email we sent to corporate via their website...

We were scheduled to stay for 3 days at this hotel, but due to the condition of the hotel rooms, we left within 30 minutes of arrival and found accommodations elsewhere. After checking in, we went to our room and as we began settling in and opened the blinds, we became aware that the conditions of the room were not up to par for a Hampton Inn.

To name a few, there were black marks on the wall by the door, a squashed bug on the wall by the window, smear/smudge marks on the flat screen tv, smear/smudge marks on the desk top (as if it was either unclean, or cleaned improperly)...but the thing that put us over the edge was the bathroom, where on the back of the door our 10 year old son brought to our attention what appeared to be a dried smear of blood approximately 8 inches long.

I immediately spoke with the staff at the front desk and informed them of the condition of the room. They put us in another room down the hall that we found to be equally disgusting. The same smear/smudge marks were on the furniture and tv, and there were dirt smudges on the bathroom light switch. I immediately returned to the desk and informed them that we would not be staying in the hotel and they cancelled the reservation.

While the staff were apologetic, there was no way we were going to tolerate the subpar conditions of the rooms, in what appeared to be a relatively new hotel. Given that Hampton Inns are normally a top choice for us in our family travels, and how this experience tainted our view of this corporate chain of hotels, I felt compelled to send this letter in hope that this gets brought to the attention of someone who may be able to affect a positive change.

- to date we have not received any response.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank chrisj j
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Recently stayed one night. Room was very clean. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but far from the worst I've ever slept on. I liked that this hotel was away from the bumper to bumper traffic on highway 76. It's in a newly developed section of Branson. Which I found appealing, but others may not. The complimentary breakfast had a good variety of selections. I did not use the fitness room or pool, but both looked clean and cared for.
I go to Branson at least once or twice a year, and would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We have stayed almost exclusively at Hampton Inns when we travel for over 10 years. We appreciate that they are generally reliable in terms of follow-through with reservation, are comfortable, have free wifi, and have a very nice complimentary breakfast. This one has all that. It's not near anything you can walk to except the golf course, but it's an easy drive to almost anywhere. It's on a mountain and the view to the south is probably great. We found it to be very clean and quiet. We had a king room for an $80 AAA rate, which was great. I interacted with only one person who worked there but she was pleasant and friendly. Parking was easy and convenient. The lobby area was lovely and spacious. Breakfast was good. They had orange juice, apple juice, and a tropical juice mix (no cranberry juice, alas!) plus all the usual Hampton Inn breakfast offerings. They even had hot oatmeal with several toppings, which I've never seen before. The hot offering was sausage patties and biscuits and gravy, which my husband had. He said the gravy didn't have much taste. I made a waffle and it was fine.

The cons to this place are related to my personal quirks and also probably more to corporate decisions by Hampton Inn than local decisions. However, some of you may share my concerns--so here goes! I thought the bed was hard and uncomfortable. I also thought the pillows were too soft. My husband thought both were fine. I loved it when Hamptons would have both soft and firm pillows, but now it's just soft so I take my own. The room seemed small and the furniture arrangement seemed odd. One side of the bed was very close to the wall. The easy chair was in a corner so it couldn't be used to watch tv. But the worst part is no bathtub in any king rooms. I've even written to corporate headquarters about this. I knew this hotel had that configuration. I usually avoid hotels like this, but we had only a 2 hour drive and were staying only 1 night. I figured I could live with it. I was wrong. We went to a show and got in late and a relaxing bath would have been nice. So---we'll find somewhere else and hope the "powers that be" at Hampton Inn come to their senses!

• Stayed December 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Though this hotel is not on the strip, it is only minutes away from downtown and the strip. Everything is new and clean plus the staff was very helpful in everyway. We plan to stay here on our next trip.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I actually had a reservation an hour down the road, but the weather was stormy and I was tired, and the nice lady at the Branson Airport called and confirmed there were "plenty of non-smoking Kings." I was onsite within 20 mins but there were no non-smoking Kings available! It was just me, and I could have taken the two queens, but I had already got myself excited about a whole big bed to myself with no kids or pets or piles of laundry to get in my way! I protested that I had been informed I'd have a king and I was truly sad, but the manager on duty assured me that 100% customer satisfaction was the goal. He would upgrade me to a suite (I use the term loosely, it is really the same room but has a sofa bed) and so I got my King after all.
The property was clean, I didn't use the workout room or pool but they looked nice. Two small complaints: most Hampton Inns where I have stayed have a complimentary fridge and microwave; this had neither. Most have a large screen tv, and this one was so small I couldn't see the channels from the bed.
WiFi was easy access, high speed and no problems.
Breakfast was pretty good. There was only one toaster with two slots which created quite a line, but otherwise there was scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastries, bagels/english muffins, and a waffle maker.
The location is great -- close to the RecPlex and Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, TJ Maxx, homeDepot, Target.... Nearby restaurants include Chillis, McDonalds, Freddy's and a Pizza Hut. Luigi's delivers.

Room Tip: They'are all pretty quiet; the property is in the parkinglot of a golf club so not a lot of traf...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank asiapointriders
Hampton-BransonHills, Manager at Hampton Inn Branson - Branson Hills, responded to this review, 7 December 2011
We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and sharing your experience online. We strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction. It sounds like your experience overall was positive but please know that we take your suggestions and feedback into consideration. We hope to have you stay at our property next time you visit Branson!