“A great destination in Branson”
Review of Titanic Museum

Titanic Museum
Ranked #24 of 174 things to do in Branson
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone knows the name Titanic! Everyone knows Titanic struck an iceberg! And everyone knows Titanic was lost! She sat at the bottom of the ocean for 75 years before they found her in 1985. A second expedition to the wreck site went out in 1986 and that expedition was co-led by the owner of this museum. The artifacts you see throughout the ship are REAL and valued at over $4 million dollars. You'll be able to touch a growing iceberg, experience the 28 degree water, try and steer the ship and pay tribute to the 2,208 passengers and crew that were on the Titanic. You will enter as a guest and leave as a Titanic Passenger!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The website says its a 90 minute walk-through tour, but we spent nearly 3 hours there. There is so much to see, listen to, and learn about the Titanic. There are many artifacts on board from the RMS Olympic (Titanic's sister ship), and a few items recovered from the Titanic. As always, Branson traffic makes it a slow drive getting there, but once inside, the museum is certainly a must-see.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,849)
All reviews
in 1,040 reviews
"ship"
in 1,108 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Very clean inside. Worth the money! Had a ton of things to see and touch. Very informational! Loved it!

Reviewed July 9, 2011

After several trips to Branson, we were finally able to visit this great museum. We enjoyed the factual accounts of the events. We took two and half hours to complete the tour. Highly recommend to any history buff.

1  Thank mistygreen66
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The Titanic Museum was number one on our list of things to do in Branson this past weekend. We were not disappointed. My family of six had a great time. From my husband and I, to my 15 year old, to my 7 year old son, there was something for all of us. My son enjoyed being able to shovel "coal" into a "fire," seeing how long he could keep his hand in icy water, climbing up the different stages of the sinking ship, and following the dogs through each exhibit. (The actual dogs that live there were on a walk when we passed their living quarters.) The artifacts were very interesting. So much so, my children and I actually walked through at the same pace. (Usually I am far more interested in the artifacts than they are.) In full costume and maintaining British accents, the staff was very enjoyable and seemed to know a lot about the exhibit. We were worried about the exploitation of a tragedy, and I know that with all the things I listed it may sound like just that, but while we were there, I never felt that way. It felt more like a museum is supposed to feel--informative and commemorative. The only thing I found frustrating in the museum was reading the incomplete stories of the people on board. I realize that this is to prevent anyone from realizing whether they "lived" or not (they give you a boarding pass at the beginning of your trip with the name of a real passenger from the Titanic and at the end you get to see whether or not your person/you lived), but by the end I had read so many stories, I couldn't look for everyone on the wall.
Overall, great place to visit. Worth the money. Oh, and the gift shop is well stocked with a variety of items in a wide price range.

1  Thank travelinthedark
See more reviews
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I have always had an interest in the Titanic. Since growing up with the movie "Unsinkable Molly Brown", and making a trip some years back to her house in Denver, Colorado I have always eagerly read anything that I could find about the ill-fated ship and her passengers. And I watched with excitement when Bob Ballard and the Woods Hole folks found her. Finally, with my dear mother-in-law in tow I made it to the Titanic Museum in Branson to see up close what the great ship was like. As you enter to purchase tickets the staff are dressed in period costume which adds to the feeling of actually boarding the ship. Each of us was given a card with a passenger's name and small biography. Not until the end did we learn that both of our passengers survived. We especially enjoyed the huge scale model just past the ticket counter. The audio machine we each had provided extra commentary for all the exhibits and worked quite well. There was a lot of reading to be done as we went through each room. Sometimes it was difficult to get to all the photos and narrative due to the number of people going through at the same time. This is not really a museum to visit with rambunctious children. However, older children seemed to be enjoying the whole experience. Overall we both enjoyed our visit and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in Titanic.

Been to Titanic Museum? Share your experiences!