All reviews veranda room biscuits and gravy room was clean large indoor pool decent breakfast clean place to stay ice machine waffles would stay here again staff was very friendly nice stay branson mo family reunion shepherd recliner imax repair
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Very good stay have stayed there several times and is a great hotel. Will go back anytime I am in the area have stay 5 times already this year. Stayed in both cold and hot times of the year and have had good experiences. The only thing is they run out of towels at the pool area often.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2017

Went with niece and 2 young teens to visit Silver Dollar City among other things and stayed at Southern Oaks Inn for 3 nights. We loved the fact that it had a decent breakfast scrambled eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal,oatmeal, toast but no meat.and of course juice and coffee. The biggest attraction though for us was that it had a indoor pool along with a outdoor one but since one of the kids was on meds and couldn't be out in the sun long we needed the indoor pool. One early evening that pool was locked up and the kids were extremely upset as we were too since that was the main reason we had booked there along with the great price, I called to dind out why the pool was locked up and talked to who I later found out was Nick. I explained the situation and he not to go into details explained why the pool was closed. He had no key so that was the end of the conversation. He called back not 3 mins after hanging up and offered a solution. That man went beyond the call of duty and to get us into that pool by climbing over a balcony to try to access the enclosed pool area which didn't work but not to give up he found another way through the basement and somehow put a brick between the door so that we could get in and we had the whole pool to ourselves. Nobody saw us apparently and the kids loved it. What he did was so special to us that we would come back just because of how he treated us. Thank you Nick they are very fortunate to have you as an employee. I can't say that about another 1 that was there not to mention his name. The location is great right by plenty of restaurants and the IMax theatre is right up the street. The strip is just a block over, Rooms are nice sized compared to many others and for the price it can;t be beat. It's great for a family on a budget and not a Motel 6 by any means. We usually stay at let's say more expensive place but we were just coming down from kansas to use our Silver Dollar city passes dor a few days during the week to relax and this was perfect thanks to Nick.

Room tip: Rooms on the end are far away from the lobby where breakfast is served. .Outdoor pool is closer to the front if you don't want to walk far.
2  Thank rfjinx
Reviewed June 20, 2017

the only thing nice about this hotel was the outdoor pool. the inside pool was only open for a few hours each evening because of "cleaning". there were too many chemicals in the indoor pool and we didn't let the kids in much because the smell was overpowering. the breakfast was nothing to get excited about and the juices tasted awful. the rooms had a very strange odor and was far from comfortable. there was mold on our shower curtain which I had to clean off..and there had to be mold in our room because that's about the only thing that makes my allergies crazy. and as with every hotel not enough towels...3 towels for 2 adults and 3 children were obviously not enough.

Room tip: the only tip I can think of is take a lot of allergy medication or choose a different hotel.
1  Thank Lacey C
Reviewed June 19, 2017

let me just say relax, and enjoy. The many years of coming here have seen a few changes but the place is still a relaxing holiday. The pool never gets better than this fine relaxing spot of joy. Sure you may miss it if you rush in and out, but the blue bird will still flutter with or with out our notice. Thanks again, it was great

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Vinnie P, General Manager at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Thank you for your review , hope to see you again soon

Reviewed June 19, 2017

We booked the room a month in advance and requested a room on the ground floor since my mother has knee issues. When we got there, we were given a room in the last building (4th) and on the 2nd floor. When I asked to be switched to a ground floor room, the receptionist said she couldn't because they were booked. They have no elevators, so we had to carry our luggage upstairs. The room was hot and took a while to cool off once we adjusted the thermostat. The ice maker was in the basement in that building, so I had to walk down/up 2 flights of stairs to get ice. There are no restrooms near the pool, so you better be able to hold it while you climb a flight of stairs to your room. The pillows were hard and uncomfortable. I never could get the Wi-Fi connected on my laptop. I called the front desk and they said to try taking it outside to get connected and bring it back in. That didn't work. We had an issue with the toilet :(. My dad called the front desk to have them bring us a plunger, but the receptionist asked him to come get it. He had to walk to the 1st building in the lobby to get a plunger while people were eating their breakfast nearby. They gave him a tote to put it in... By this time, we were so disgusted with the hotel that we just skipped the continental breakfast and left.

Room tip: There are 4 buildings and no elevators. Ask for 1st building on ground floor...maybe they'll give it to you...maybe not.
1  Thank REL62360
Vinnie P, General Manager at Southern Oaks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

We apologize for failing to meet your expectations. We hope to get another chance to serve you better