“Very nice place to stay!”

Thousand Hills Resort and Golf Club
Ranked #54 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Very nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We were very pleased with our condo rental at Thousand Hills Resort. It was clean, spacious, and even had a washer and dryer, which I find really helpful when travelling. It was convenient to everything in Branson but not on the main drag, even close to the grocery store. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We booked a log cabin and was told it was located at the golf resort and had a barbecue grill. Both turned out to be incorrect. These cabins are stacked on top of each other across Hwy 76 from the golf course. The parking was so bad we had to park at another cabin and walk down to ours. The "barbecue grills" are small community grills such as those you would find in a park. We had to grill in front of another cabin. On to of all of this, the cabin had an ant problem. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Lovegolf87
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 29 July 2011

On April 24th, I made an online reservation for Thousand Hills. They had a special if you booked a condo for 7 days you received a 35% discount off the room rate. I reserved a 1 bedroom condo and the reservation went through no problem. I was happy with the room and the rate. Later that afternoon, I received a phone call from Thousand Hills stating that they did not have any 1 BR condo available for the entire week I would be in Branson. At the time the TH representative said he would upgrade me to a 2 bedroom at the same price. Later that day I received an e-mail confirmation with the price I was quoted plus the room type as 2 BR Condo. I was very happy that I would have more room, I allowed my son to invite a friend along for the trip. All was set. 4 days before heading to TH, I called to make sure that my request for being close to a pool was noted on my reservation. At that time ( 4 days before my arrival and 3 months after my reservation ) I was informed that I was back to a 1 BR condo at the original price. I at no time was notified by Thousand Hills of the down grade. I had added more people to the reservation so a 1 BR would no longer work for us. I asked to speak with a manager. I was given to a mgr ( I believe her name was CiCi ) and explained the situation. She claimed that policy was if my original reservation opened up, they downgrade anyone that had been upgraded and since they now had a large group coming in, They needed the larger condo for them. I was not happy, since I had NO communication with TH between April and July other than them trying to sell me show tickets. No where in the fine print of the reservation confirmation does it say anything about possible downgrade after and upgrade. It speaks of cancellation only. Many times while on the phone with CiCi, I was rudely reminded that I had what I originally reserved, and I explained to her that once I received my upgrade information, we invited more kids along. I was not happy with her tone, so I asked to speak with her manager. I was then given to Ginger. I Explained once again what had happened. She told me that I should have been told about the downgrade if they need the units. But since I was not, give her a few moments to see what she could find. One of the groups only needed a 1 bedroom now, she had just received their final list so I was lucky and she could give me the 2 BR. I was very happy at that point and was looking forward to checking in on Monday.
I have stayed at TH before on 2 occasions with groups so I know how nice the condos can be. When I checked in I had asked to be in a certain area that is close to a pool, basketball courts and other kid activities, there is also grass that the kids could run around and throw a ball. The condo I was given, was nothing like that. It was way around in the wooded area with no grass area, very small pool (because of the heat had algae in it) and I believe the oldest buildings that TH has. When we arrived at the room there was caution tape up on cones for some cement work that was going on. When we walked into the condo, the first odor that came and hit us in the face was Smoke. I am not a smoker and have allergies as well as my kids. I knew this would not work so I picked up the phone and called the lobby. The first person I speak to is CiCi ( again with a rude tone ) telling me there is nothing else. It was only 2pm in the afternoon, you can not tell me that everyone had checked in. I asked for her supervisor and was given to Ginger again. She also told me they had nothing because they had to keep groups together and if they moved me then someone else would be unhappy! They could bring an ionizer machine over to help with the smell. Nothing I said was going to change my location. I tried to find a new hotel in the area, but since there was a softball tournament in town plus dance groups too, I was not able to locate anything within the price range I had to keep. I let them bring the machine and it sounded like a large, loud tornado fan. So we sat the first night with the machine on and tv blasting. It did not help with the smoke smell at all. I asked the next day to move but of course was told no. I went to the outlets and purchased some air fresheners to help with the smell. It did not get rid of it but it covered it a little bit. I had to double up on the allergy medicine to not be all stuffy. The "golf" view from our condo was completely covered in overgrown trees. The furniture and decor is very outdated compared to other units I have stayed in. The bed in the master bedroom was not attached to the head board correctly so when I rolled over or moved it made loud noises. The toilet seat was broken, The second toilet ran water all the time. Because I was staying for a week, I was to have a mid week cleaning and sheet change. That never happened. When I checked out, I mentioned the cleaning to them and they told me I should have called. I had ruined the 1st night of my trip being frustrated with the unit, I was not going to make any more phone calls and ruin the rest of my trip. We decided to leave a day early since at that point all of our allergies were terrible from the smoke smell. When I checked out, I was informed that since I was leaving a day early that I would no longer have the 35% discount it would be down to 30%. Just one more little thing to rub in my face. I should have given them the $20 receipt for the air fresheners, but at that point I already knew I would never stay there again or recommend them to friends. It was all about the money and I was only 1 guest, not a large group. To top it off, on Thursday of our week stay, we had what I would have thought were elephants move in above us. They were loud from 7 am to midnight every day. On 2 mornings at 8 am, I received phone calls that would wake us up wanting to speak to the owner! By the 2nd day I got smart and unplugged the phones. There are plenty of hotels in Branson so I suggest you look around for some better deals. I would have paid a little bit more to not have a stressful week, but it was too late once we got there.

10 Thank djlebc1
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stay here every summer while picking our kids up from summer camp. Every year we have stayed in a different building, and have had a great experience each time. It has always been quiet and relaxing. We also usually play a round of golf at the golf course. I've never had any issues. I think most of the units (maybe all) have a washer/dryer which is helpful for our family.

Alton, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had a basketball tournament July 8th-July 10th in Branson Mo. We decided to give Thousand Hills Golf Resort a try. I had to book for 12 families and we reserved 2 bedroom condos, King Suites, and Queen Suites. I was very pleased with all of the accomodations. Our condos were equipped with all of the amenities of home. The decor was modern and very pretty. The beds were comfortable and we enjoyed having the DVD player in the living room. The children loved the basketball court and the outdoor pool. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the inside pool. The property was located just far enough from the main street and it didn't take us long to get to our gyms. Everyone that helped check us in were friendly and very helpful. We loved the freshly baked cookies at check-out. We will be back!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

Overall a decent value; however, at $200/night I think the following need to be adressed: 1) front desk staff had the worst attitudes and were not helpful. 2)Grand Legacy property needs an outdoor pool. 3) Grand Legacy needs better grilling accomadations. They have 2 tiny grills for 100 units and they were literally stuck in a hole in the ground without any tables, chairs or shade in sight.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank IamthemanIam
Owasso, OK
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Stayed with friends at one of the cabins at Thousand Hills. The cabin was tucked away in the woods, just right off the main street. It was very quiet and relaxing. The cabin was very rustic, nicely decorated, perfect size for two couples and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend the Thousand Hills cabins to anyone looking for a nice, quiet place in the woods, but still close to shopping and activities.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends