“beautiful property”

Still Waters Resort
Ranked #33 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I bought this weekend on a discount website, and so we were not sure what it would be like. We loved this place. It was outside of Branson which we liked, and we found some fun places to go without going all the way to the "strip". My only recommendation (if you are like me) and don't know that resorts are different than hotels...we had a coffe maker in the room but not coffee or filters. Also, no shampoo, etc. I assume most people stay more than just a weekend and know this already. But it was still a great room and great place to spend the weekend!

Room Tip: Our room was not with a view of the lake, I think I would spring for that next time.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rh48
There are newer reviews for Still Waters Resort

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Visited with family in mid March. Did not know that the swimming pools would be closed, but this made no difference to us. We had a lakefront condo with a beautiful view of the marina. We used the paddle boats and kayaks and had a lot of fun. Marina staff are very friendly. Ate pizza at the onsite pizzeria and it was good. Loved the fireplace in the room.Loved the balcony and the kitchen, whirlpool tub. These were a lot of amenities for our money. Also we were close to Silver Dollar City which we visited and was fantastic. I feel bad that this resort is ranked around 20th on tripadvisor. It should be much higher. Oh yes, also free wireless internet!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pvel
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Used Groupon on the visit. We went in early March when the pools were still closed, Silver Dollar City wasn't open yet and we still loved the place. We stayed in 1 bed condo. So nice. Not sure if it could have been any better. We went down to the marina and used they Paddleboats & Kayaks. We have a 3 & 5 year old and they loved the place. It is only about 10 minutes to get into Branson. We are planning to return when everything is open this summer and think we may not even go into town with all there is to do right there on or near the resort.

Room Tip: Stayed in 1 bedroom lakeview condo. It had fireplace and murphy bed that our kids slept on. They L...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank OKCM0m
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My folks own a timeshare condo in FL, but this one-room condo easily had three times the living space and more amenities, including a washer/dryer in the unit, and a whirlpool tub. Our trip was in October, and we had been told the marina would be closed at that time, but, because weather permitted, they remained open, and we were able to enjoy the paddle boats and kayaks during the last full week of October! The water in the pools was, of course, too chilly for anyone but kids, but two of them hadn't been drained, so provided a beautiful backdrop to several days of wonderful fall weather and one of the most georgeous autumn leaf displays I have ever experienced. There are hammocks in the "Oasis," the bigger of the pools, and the huge hot tub was fully operational. I must comment that the large hot tub has a LOT of class! When I heard it would hold 16 people, I was anticipating a bit of awkward sitting around with people I didn't know, trying to make conversation. It has private spaces and is rock-lined, and beautifully landscaped. BTW, we had some very nice chats with other vacationers, but when we felt like having privacy, it was available. The Oasis area also boasts some beautiful lounging space. There are "normal" pool chairs, but also some huge platforms with futon-type mattresses--you could feasibly eat, sleep, and hang out there at the Oasis all day. But then you would miss the gorgeous lake setting, the bikes, the horseshoes, the basketball, and watersports mentioned earlier in the article. I had checked this place out on TripAdvisor prior to our trip and some of the commenters had complained about the fact that no one makes the beds, cleans, brings linens, or dumps the garbage during the week. This was one of the BEST features to me! We didn't have to think about what we left lying around or try to be out of the condo when the maid service comes through...we could truly be on our own time schedule. When I wanted new pillow cases or linens, I just traded them in for clean ones at one of the convenient towel exchanges. When the trash can was full, we took it out to the trash room on our way to an activity. There was a barbecue grill just outside our first-floor unit. I enjoyed the trees and lake and watched the squirrels and foliage while our burgers, dogs, and corn-on-the-cob, sizzled on the very clean campground-style grill. Building G has screened-in porches, which we thoroughly enjoyed for morning devotions and just relaxing, and the bedroom glass doors open into the porch, expanding the feeling of spaciousness (and a great place to dry our swim towels). We didn't use the bicycles, but did enjoy the pizza at the Bayside Market. Absolutely every staff person with whom we dealt was very friendly and helpful. If I have the opportunity to enjoy Branson again, I WILL make every effort to stay at Sill Waters. This was a 30th wedding anniversary trip for us, but this would be a great setting for a family reunion with my adult children and my parents. I'm looking at the 4-bedroom units or the lake house as possibilities for this. Branson holds myriad activities, but we would have had plenty to do if we had stayed at the resort the entire time! I can only find it in me to give high marks for every aspect of our trip to Still Waters.

Room Tip: We love the screened porches offered with Building G's rooms; the others have porches w/o screen...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I recommed this resort to all my friends and family.. Very safe and kid friendly place for kids.. We took some paddle boats out on the lake, rode some bicycles (provided by the resort) around the property, enjoyed the arcade, and had a blast in the pools. The oasis pool is amazing.. It was great for the entire family..

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Travelingtucker
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This is more like an apartment than a hotel. The room had a nice view of the lake. To relax it had two tvs and a fireplace. It had a kitchen with a frig, stove, oven, and microwave. The rooms were clean. Not many other people staying here when we stayed in Feb. so it was nice and quiet. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We went to Branson for a nice get away. The condo was spacious.Bathrooms were very good size. Bed comfortable. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and comfort. Would stay at Stillwaters again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple