“We Will be Back!!!”

Ranked #32 of 140 Hotels in Branson
Fort Worth, Texas
“We Will be Back!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2007

My husband and I went for a romantic get away!! And it was just what we needed!!

We loved everything about this place. It is on the lake and you have access to free canoes, paddle boats, bikes and more. The pools are beautiful and fun! The location is private and quiet but just 5 min from the BRANSON you visit at night. We never saw staff unless we called for them and they were at our door immediatly.

The location is PRIME!! It is on the same road as Silver Dollar City, just a mile or so away. The wild deer just graze by in front of the water just steps from your baclony. It is just breathtaking!!

The staff is SOOO friendly and amazingly helpful!! The place is so clean I thought we were the first people to ever stat in it.

We actually had a room mix up and they bent over backwards to make it up to us. (It may have not even been their fault) It was not a big problem at all but they wanted to be 100% sure we were not upset! PS If you stay 5 nights you get a free night!! And the rates are GREAT!!!!

They are realy great people!!

We had a 1br 1ba and it was bigger than any apartment I have ever lived in!! The space is almost too much. The balcony facing the lake was just wonderful especially for breakfast and dinner!! We had a washer and dryer in our room. Now that is convience!!

We will be back and next time get 2br 2ba and bring the entire family.

PS there is no restraunt on the property but that is my ONLY complaint. There is a store from 7-2 that serves dogs and burgers.

• Liked — Washer and dryer were in the room!! We did laundry BEFORE we went home.
  • Disliked — I wish it was warmer, but I won't hold that against the resort! I will just go back when it is.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ValarieC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Edmond, Oklahoma, USA
Reviewed 21 April 2007

Still Waters Resort was a great choice for our weekend getaway to Branson. Right on the lake off of Indian Point, the room we stayed in was brand new, bright, and unbelievably roomy. The pools are a little dinky, but the five minute drive to Silver Dollar City let us take our daughter back for a nap and return later in the day to enjoy more fun. Nice and quiet, and away from the strip. The only complaint is that the ceilings are thin so you can hear everyone above you stomping around. I truly enjoyed our stay, a good bargin for the price.

• Liked — Brand new, extremely clean
  • Disliked — Turning in towels and thin ceilings
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank jlhcorley
Dallas
Reviewed 20 March 2007

My husband and I wanted a quick getaway and thought the reviews on TA for this place made it ideal. It more than lived up to everything! We stayed in one of the newer buildings "K". The rooms were spotlessly clean and very well furnished. We were right at the lake and it was easy to access. . It was off season so many of the activities had not yet opened, but it seemed there was much to do. Because this resort is off the main highway, it was much easier to get around and get back without getting stuck on the main roads. Also, since it was off-season, it was quiet, but even with the few there, sounds carried from the outside and other rooms, so in season, a top floor could be best. There are gas grills aplenty on the grounds. And fireplaces in the rooms, even though my husband complained of the smell of gas when it was lit, I thoroughly enjoyed it.. A review mentioned no paper towels so we brought our own. But there also were no tissues, so you might want to pack them too. Everything else you need is there and very well maintained. . The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a great getaway and mostly because of the wonderful resort! We will go back!

• Liked — The extremely clean, well-decorated fully equipped, condo style accommodation
  • Disliked — Off-season lack of very accessible (on-grounds) food.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DallasLiteTraveler
Houston, TX
Reviewed 4 January 2007

My family (5 adults) traveled to SWR at the end of December. Although I had read all the reviews, I was still surprised by how wonderful the resort was. We stayed in a 2bdrm 2bath in one of the newer buildings. It was very spacious - large kitchen, dining area, living area. A nice sized patio provided a beautiful view of the lake. The master bath was enormous with a full-sized jacuzzi (and another view of the lake from there). Most everything was impeccably clean, however, when even a small spot is overlooked it can be very deterring to the guests. That was one of my very small complaints. The resort was very helpful, assisting us with the wireless internet connection (which was nice), and making check-in and check-out a breeze. We thoroughly enjoyed our off-season vacation at the SWR and I can't wait to go back in the summer!

• Liked — Location/View
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
8 Thank traveler1221
Golden, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 November 2006

My family was completely satisfied with this place. We found it here on tripadvisor, it was the highest rated place to stay under $100.00 per night. (Only about $66.00/night when we stayed, for single bedroom suite with fold-down bed in living room, and a full kitchen). I really didn't expect this much for this price.

Pros: Absolutely perfectly clean. Not a spec of dust or a stain or any blemishes of any kind anywhere. Spacious. Comfortable, high quality sleeping. Plenty of TV channels, and free wireless internet that worked in every room of our condo. Not located right in a high-traffic area, but close enough, which was a plus for our family, not wanting to be in the crowds constantly. No meddlesome staff. (I didn't see a staff member, or virtually anyone else, the whole time I was there.) Parking was very adequate. View was lovely. Gas fireplace in addition to quality central hvac. Nice on-site breakfast shop. Unbelievablely low price for such a place. Full-size coffeemaker in the kitchen (bring your own coffee), dishwasher, full stove, microwave, washer/dryer, iron, ironing board, mop, plunger, broom, dustpan.

Cons: These cons are so overwhelmed by the pros, I shouldn't even mention them, but I want to let you know, because if you go prepared, there won't be any cons for you at all. It was 28° outside when we went, and there wasn't an independant bathroom heater, although the central unit worked wonderfully. There wasn't quite enough towels provided for us, but my family does use a tremendous amount of towels. I'm sure if I had asked, they would have sent more, but there was a washer & dryer right there in our room, so it really wasn't a problem at all. If I had brought a little 120 volt ceramic heater, and a few towels and bathcloths, then I literally wouldn't be able to find anything at all to complain about. And I'm a pretty good complainer.

Summary:

If we go back to Branson, or anywhere near there, I won't even check for another place to stay, if I can to to this resort, I am. Even if the price goes up.

• Liked — I liked such a low price for such a wonderfully clean, large place to stay.
  • Disliked — I liked everything about it.
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring your own coffee and a small bathroom heater.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
9 Thank kharris