“Odd shower doors and NO waffles!”

Residence Inn Branson
Ranked #94 of 139 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Room location was great, room was clean so no problems in that area, however shower door was odd as there was only half a door and water sprayed out on floor and it took several towels to mop up after every shower. Very odd design. Breakfast was supposed to last till 10 on weekends, but they ran out of waffle batter at 9:15 and would not furnish any more as they had reached their quota of waffles. This left my kids and many guests upset.How hard is it to mix up some waffle batter???

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am very sorry about running out of waffles that morning, sometimes in the summer with how busy we are it can be challenging to estimate how much we will need of everything, and we do sometimes actually run out of the waffle mix, and I do apologize for that and we have discussed that with our breakfast staff to ensure that it doesn't happen again. And for the shower door design, which is a new Marriott-design, we are working on finding alternative options for ours here, I do apologize for that too! I do hope you will check us out again soon so we can get a chance to improve on your recent stay! Thank you so much for staying with us!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Branson

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Construction is still going on at this hotel. However, rooms are done I think. Our room was a king suite w/ a sofa bed. Everything was clean and nice and new. Huge flat screen TVs . Beds / pillows were comfortable. Had a problem with our toilet, would not flush on our second day! Front desk came with a plunger and took care of it, Thank God!
It was close to everything , it's a 5 minute drive pretty much to everywhere. Watched Rick Thomas the Illusionist- Wonderful show!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review about your stay with us! We are so glad to have you! I'm glad you enjoyed our new renovated rooms and our new TVs and beds. I apologize for the plumbing issues, and glad we were able to fix that for you all. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you again with us!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Was a little worried after we checked in noticing that the property was undergoing a remodel. The noise level and disruptions have been held to a minimum as progress is made. Our room was recently remodeled so everything is new. The only negative that I can think of is the design of the walk in shower. The glass wall is not long enough to shield water from splashing onto the bathroom floor. Marriott properties are my favorite while traveling and this one did not disappoint. Once the renovations are fully completed this place will be really nice. It is conveniently located to the Highway 76 strip.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel, we appreciate your comments and letting us know how your stay was with us! We are working on some additional options for the new Marriott-designed shower door here, so hopefully we will have something for that soon! I am so glad you like the renovations and our great location! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This hotel is in a great, quiet location convenient to most things in Branson. Unfortunately, the hotel was still under construction and they were working on the lobby hallway and first floors during my visit.. Several days, my towels smelled very strongly like primer paint. The laundry room was next to the hallway at the entrance where they were doing painting and carpeting work.

Also, one day, my son and I got captive in the hotel as there was only one dryer working. Both washing machines were working and unused and the one dryer was being used. I put my load into the washer thinking I would be able to use the dryer in the next 30-60 minutes. After 2 hours, I checked what was in the dryer and it was stuffed with towels and regular clothes. It was probably 3-4 loads stuffed into one small dryer. Frustrated, I came down and sat in the laundry room after waiting over 4 hours. To my surprise, two employees of the hotel came into the hotel with two large black garbage bags and took all the finally dry clothes from the dryer, almost filling each bag. They did not say anything to me. It was very irritating that the hotel was down to one dryer, though I understand that happens; But, for employees to be using the only dryer for hours is unacceptable.

The front desk personnel is friendly and willing to assist with any issues. The breakfast staff and housekeepers are also friendly.

Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs every morning. The other protein rotated each day, mainly sausage, but one bacon over a week. They had biscuits and gravy three times amongst the mix.

The mixers on M-W were very light fare compared to most Residence Inns. They did not serve alcohol during my visit, but had a decent selection of juices and other nonalcoholic drinks. The business center was not set up during my visit either.

Overall, an average stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the stairs if you don't mind them; the one elevator is pretty packed and slow...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BronteReed
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay with us, we appreciate you letting us know. I am so glad you enjoyed our friendly staff and great location! I do apologize for the other issues you encountered during your stay. We are working on getting the dryer fixed, and we are addressing the other issues as well. Our business center should be completed very soon as well, and in the mean time you are able to use the computers at the front desk. Thank you again for staying with us and letting us know about your stay, I do hope we will have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Let me start by saying I reviewed this hotel 2 years ago and my main review was how great this hotel was (at that time) very pet friendly. So when I had to book at hotel for the end of May/beginning of June, with my two kids and dogs, I decided to turn back to the Residence Inn. I wish I had jumped on TripAdvisor prior to booking....
The area around the hotel was a complete disaster and not safe for dogs!!! There was so much construction work going on and there were literally nails and debris scattered all over the place. There was not a single section of grass, safe for my dogs.
So while the renovations are nice and the rooms look great the area for pets is dangerous and hazardous.
I will not be staying here for a very long time....if ever again with my dogs. I expect that when I take my dogs to a pet friendly hotel that the outside area is kept descent. Unless you want dogs using your nice new renovated rooms as a potty, I suggest you get the outside area cleaned up ASAP!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us, I am very sorry about the issues with the construction going on right now. We are working as quickly as possible to finish everything up and to get it cleaned up better around the hotel. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns. We are hoping to finish all of the construction later this month, so I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again sometime soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This review is very overdue and I truly apologize for that. We stayed at the Residence Inn in May and have nothing but positive things to stay about the staff. We were there for an unfortunate circumstance as my father was very ill but this staff made us feel at home. Ginnie helped us with our laundry since there was a dryer down and even folded our clothes, we could not be more grateful for her. The entire front desk staff were so friendly and were able to keep extending our stay because we had no idea how long we needed to stay. I want to give a special thank you to Lola (I think that's her name. I know she's from Brazil) and Eileen Selk. These 3 ladies made it easier to get through our unfortunate event. I know where to stay when we comeback to Branson. Thank you again for your hospitality!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful review about our staff! We really appreciate you letting us and everyone else know about our great staff and how your stay with us was, we loved having you here! Hopefully you can come back and see us again soon and under better circumstances! Thank you again, we appreciate you!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Over all the Residence Inn in tacky Branson is ok. Since my last visit in May The Residence Inn is under going construction and remodeling, and has been for the last month. It is still worth staying at as the people are very nice and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Suggest requesting the third floor as the floor does make noise and you will hear steps if you have...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for your review about our your recent stay with us here, we are glad you enjoyed our staff and our breakfast! We are hoping to finish up our remodeling next month, we look forward to having you stay with us again soon! Thank you!