“Marriott Residence Inn properties were once my favorite long term solution. Not any more”

Residence Inn Branson
Ranked #86 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 8 August 2017

While this property is undergoing renovation it still was not up to my standards. The outdoor grill area was dirty, cigarette butts, rusted out bbq grill that had not be cleaned seemingly forever. The fire pit had been rigged with loose limestone and certainly a fire code violation waiting to happen. My room had been recently remodeled but I can only echo what others have said about the weird shower door, or lack of. Housekeeping has an increased workload with all the soggy towels used to clean up the water running out from the open shower. Black mold was already beginning to show from the wet wall paper. On the property there is debris and construction materials all over the place.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TGOK
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel, we really appreciate your comments and letting us know your concerns. I do apologize for the property not being up to our normal Marriott standards. We are working as quickly as possible to finish up the renovations. We are also looking into alternative options for the new Marriott designed shower doors, hopefully we will have a solution very soon! We are addressing the other issues you mentioned as well with our staff members to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for letting us know and for staying with us. I do hope you will try us out again once our renovations have been completed!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

We had a recenltly renovated room, it was a nice room. Shower area is horrible, the toilet is like 6 inches from the shower that has NO DOOR!! It's very weird. Water gets everywhere. The fold out sofa bed is the most uncomfortable thing EVER. Regular bed was nice though.
Staff was very accomodating and friendly. Breakfast was good. Location is great too. Parking was limited late at night. They do a military discount.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for your review of our hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your new room, and I apologize about the shower, we are currently looking into other options for the new Marriott-design showers for our hotel. I am sorry about the sofa bed too, but glad you enjoyed your regular bed! If there is anything at all we can do to help make your next stay more enjoyable please let us know! We would love to have you stay with us again soon! Thank you!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Stayed here July 3-6, remodel going on but didn't inconvenience us. Great location! However, the new shower design needs to be changed. The half wall does not work! We are two adults and were very careful but water still ended up on the floor outside the shower. Can't imagine the problem with kids or teens showering. Breakfast and the M-W evening snacks were great. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for the great review about our hotel! We really appreciate you letting us and everyone else know about your stay with us! And we are working on alternative options for that new Marriott-designed shower, so hopefully we will have something new there when you return. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Room location was great, room was clean so no problems in that area, however shower door was odd as there was only half a door and water sprayed out on floor and it took several towels to mop up after every shower. Very odd design. Breakfast was supposed to last till 10 on weekends, but they ran out of waffle batter at 9:15 and would not furnish any more as they had reached their quota of waffles. This left my kids and many guests upset.How hard is it to mix up some waffle batter???

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am very sorry about running out of waffles that morning, sometimes in the summer with how busy we are it can be challenging to estimate how much we will need of everything, and we do sometimes actually run out of the waffle mix, and I do apologize for that and we have discussed that with our breakfast staff to ensure that it doesn't happen again. And for the shower door design, which is a new Marriott-design, we are working on finding alternative options for ours here, I do apologize for that too! I do hope you will check us out again soon so we can get a chance to improve on your recent stay! Thank you so much for staying with us!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Construction is still going on at this hotel. However, rooms are done I think. Our room was a king suite w/ a sofa bed. Everything was clean and nice and new. Huge flat screen TVs . Beds / pillows were comfortable. Had a problem with our toilet, would not flush on our second day! Front desk came with a plunger and took care of it, Thank God!
It was close to everything , it's a 5 minute drive pretty much to everywhere. Watched Rick Thomas the Illusionist- Wonderful show!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for the great review about your stay with us! We are so glad to have you! I'm glad you enjoyed our new renovated rooms and our new TVs and beds. I apologize for the plumbing issues, and glad we were able to fix that for you all. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you again with us!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Was a little worried after we checked in noticing that the property was undergoing a remodel. The noise level and disruptions have been held to a minimum as progress is made. Our room was recently remodeled so everything is new. The only negative that I can think of is the design of the walk in shower. The glass wall is not long enough to shield water from splashing onto the bathroom floor. Marriott properties are my favorite while traveling and this one did not disappoint. Once the renovations are fully completed this place will be really nice. It is conveniently located to the Highway 76 strip.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Genesis O, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel, we appreciate your comments and letting us know how your stay was with us! We are working on some additional options for the new Marriott-designed shower door here, so hopefully we will have something for that soon! I am so glad you like the renovations and our great location! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2017

This hotel is in a great, quiet location convenient to most things in Branson. Unfortunately, the hotel was still under construction and they were working on the lobby hallway and first floors during my visit.. Several days, my towels smelled very strongly like primer paint. The laundry room was next to the hallway at the entrance where they were doing painting and carpeting work.

Also, one day, my son and I got captive in the hotel as there was only one dryer working. Both washing machines were working and unused and the one dryer was being used. I put my load into the washer thinking I would be able to use the dryer in the next 30-60 minutes. After 2 hours, I checked what was in the dryer and it was stuffed with towels and regular clothes. It was probably 3-4 loads stuffed into one small dryer. Frustrated, I came down and sat in the laundry room after waiting over 4 hours. To my surprise, two employees of the hotel came into the hotel with two large black garbage bags and took all the finally dry clothes from the dryer, almost filling each bag. They did not say anything to me. It was very irritating that the hotel was down to one dryer, though I understand that happens; But, for employees to be using the only dryer for hours is unacceptable.

The front desk personnel is friendly and willing to assist with any issues. The breakfast staff and housekeepers are also friendly.

Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs every morning. The other protein rotated each day, mainly sausage, but one bacon over a week. They had biscuits and gravy three times amongst the mix.

The mixers on M-W were very light fare compared to most Residence Inns. They did not serve alcohol during my visit, but had a decent selection of juices and other nonalcoholic drinks. The business center was not set up during my visit either.

Overall, an average stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the stairs if you don't mind them; the one elevator is pretty packed and slow...