“front desk needs work”

Grand Plaza Hotel Branson
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Branson
Reviewed 28 April 2012

There are lots of hotels in Branson to stay - stay at any of them. I found the front desk personnel very rude and not wanting to help. If you don't like your job - find a new one. I stayed at the Grand Plaza for a two day event. I arrived in the morning of the 2nd day and no one at the desk knew of the event or where anything was held. they just did not seem interested enough to ask. Finally I ran into one of our members and he guilded me to where we to go. I let the desk know of our organization but no one even cared to write it down for the next guest asking. I was told the room was not ready at 11 am and to come back at 12. Not ready - come back at 1pm. Not ready come back at 2. Then I was told to wait until checkin at 3 pm. No one tried to call and see if the room could be cleaned a bit early. Later I came down and asked for change and was told "we don't give change to the machines. I pointed out that 3 floor are not accepting bills and if you want to come with me and see let's go.
Over all the room was nice , the food was good, the location was good. Just a bad front desk.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith b
GrandPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear Keith b,
I want you to know that I have taken your review very seriously and have discussed the matter with the front desk. I apologize that my staff was rude and unaccommodating. Usually the front desk receives a list of what events are being held and which meeting rooms they are in. I apologize that we did not have the information on hand at the time, and we did not find it out for you. Check-in for all guests is guaranteed at 3pm. We try to accommodate early arrivals if we have a room ready, but on days with just as many check-outs as check-ins, it’s incredibly hard to do so. I apologize that the staff did not call housekeeping to see if your room could be cleaned ahead of time, but we had a lot of people trying to check in early and we cannot get all of the rooms ready early.
I have spoken to the agents about the change issue. I corrected their misunderstanding and let them know that they are to help you with anything that you need. I can assure you this response will not be given again. I do hope that this past experience will not deter you from staying with us in the future. We know that our reputation relies on each and every guest’s experience, and we would like another chance to show you why we believe we are the best hotel in Branson. Thank you for your comments as they have helped me improve our customer service.

Grand Plaza Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Excellent breakfast! Comfy, quiet room. Fridge was a plus!

1  Thank YummyFoodFanboy
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Close to the strip, and comfy stay. The refrigerator in the room was a plus! Nice view and the breakfast was way above expectations! Definitely will go there again.

Room Tip: No bathroom exhaust fans, but everything else was perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Called ahead and asked many questions before reserving a room. Wanted a large two bedroom with plenty of room to move around in. Rooms were small. The 2nd bathroom vanitywas almost too small to put a curling iron on. I was assured the room would be quite and 4 doors away frome anything that could cause noise. Behind my bed, the wall was adjacent to the two elevators that serivced the hotel. I need not say more. The curtain in my room was falling off the wall. The desk chair was so stained we asked for another. The staff was very kind and kelpful. Room appeared old even though I was told it was remodled in January.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

this is our 4th stay here. we've had various types of rooms and all were clean and comfortable. all the usual amenities. nice showers with the curved shower rods for comfort. good shower pressure and nice shower heads. marble sink tops in the bath. great pillows and plenty of them. comfortable bed. and best of all...QUIET ROOMS!!! another poster (Jeffrey B) said his room was loud and noisy. i don't know where he stayed, but the 4 times we've stayed here it's always been absolutely tomb-like. a lot of the walls are concrete (which would explain it). not every wall of every room is concrete but it helps. i haven't even mentioned the breakfast. it is fantastic. lots of choices and it's GOOD. they have a lounge and a restaurant if you want them as well. we went to the lounge once and it was good. not huge. since we've stayed so many times here, the last stay netted us a 20% discount and some sort of frequent stayers card. that card gets us 20% off everytime we stay here from now on. i easily pay over $100 per night to stay here, given the quality. but this last stay i payed only $71!!!! the best deal in town.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
GrandPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Barry A,
We are so very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us the last 4 times you have been here and we are glad to have you as one of our loyalty members! I’m glad you enjoy our new bedding with the extra pillows in each room. We strive to make every guest comfortable and give them a memorable vacation and we are excited to have done this for you multiple times over! Thank you for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Best Wishes,
Grand Plaza Hotel Management

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were recently there for the NAIA national tournament and our team had the good fortune
of staying at the Grand Plaza. We were more than pleased. Richard and his staff were extremely accommodating and always pleasant. Our rooms were clean and the breakfast
buffet was perfect for our hungry group. Thanks to you all!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
GrandPlazaMgr, Front Office Manager at Grand Plaza Hotel Branson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you! We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope we are lucky enough to get to host you for the tournament again next year!

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed on the second floor of this hotel. We enjoyed the clean rooms and friendly staff. We ate breakfast on the ninth floor which wasn't your typical breakfast. It was like a restaurant and an all you can eat buffet of cold and hot foods. The view was nice and you are very close to the strip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple