“Chain Italian”

Add it.
Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Chain Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

The food isn't bad for a chain restaurant. Nobody will mistake it for "authentic" Italian food, but it isn't bad.

Visited February 2012

Ohio
“So much food for only $25.00”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were able to order the 2 appetizers and 2 entrees for only $25.00. The waiter was familiar with the menu. Fast service.

Visited February 2012
illinois
“ho hum”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

i was not impressed with the food at romano's grill as it was bland and my wife eggplant parmesan was toough and tasteless . I had the shrimp pizza and i was not impressed although the waitress said it was her favorite. I also thought the service was somewhat lacking as we waited forever to pay our waitress and it was not busy.

• Visited February 2012
St. Louis
“Do they know we are in a recession with their new menu??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

First, I'd like to say I've been visiting and enjoying The Macaroni Grill for over 10 years now.

Recently I took my husband there which was his first ever visit. We went on Thursday night, July 21, 2011, got there about 8:30pm. The restaurant was not very busy and we got seated quickly.

The menu was different, much more "frou-frou" like, and everything was "ala carte". I always do the Make Your Own Pasta dish, and I had that on that night as well. I always get meatballs and it used to be 2 huge meatballs. Now it is 4-5 meatballs (I got 4), of which the 4 I got would combine and equal one of the two I used to get.

And if I remember correctly, you got a choice of several meats that were no additional charge, only additional if you chose shrimp. Not so anymore.

My husband had a Fettuccini Alfredo, added Italian Sausage to it (for add'l cost), a salad and Iced Tea. I had only the make your own pasta with meatballs (water, no salad). Our bill was $33.00, which to me seems outrageous for two pasta dishes, 1 soft drink and 1 small salad.

The waiter had told us the menu had just recently changed, due to new owners. My thought is why run off your existing clientele with a new menu, higher priced foods and everything being ala carte.

We didn't get steak, lobster, shrimp, etc. And this is a chain restaurant, not a family-owned legacy with exquisite dishes.

Why so expensive now? Don't they know America is in a recession?

• Visited July 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good overall budget Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

As a Brentwood resident, I live fairly close to this location. The calamari at this particular branch is hit or miss, but their version of Mama's Trio is usually very good. The customer service is at, if not above its competitors.