“Don't read the reviews”

The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my family needed a nice place to stay for our weekend Getaway, and we found the Lodge. Once we arrived the clerk (kim) Was very Helpful and got us one of the newly renovated rooms which was great, it was a joint room on the 3rd floor and it had a great view of the entire Dome. Our children enjoyed the Amenities of the Hotel and the Pool and hot tube were a bit cold but use able. One tip, always ask for a inside renovated room because those are the best.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your review. We thank you for your comments and your 5 star review. We are pleased to see that you had a good time at our hotel. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a superior guest experience. See you again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I don't know where to begin. Upon arriving it didn't seem too bad from the outside.. A little run down, but didn't think a thing of it. Walking in, we see the security guard smoking a cigarette by the door. We get checked in and walk through these doors and you're immediately directed to the pool to walk to the room. The one elevator was broken, so let me tell you how fun it was carrying those suitcases and extra things we brought up 4 flights of stairs. While going to the room, the floors are stained and just DIRTY, at one point I think I even saw mold on the floor near the pool. The stairs doors from outside was non-existent, allowing anyone to come and go as they please, even if they weren't in the hotel. The room was another story. The floor was so stained it looked like it was part of the carpet. There was no trash can, and the phone said a different hotel name. The fitted sheets on the beds weren't even fitted sheets it was just another sheet, and that's one of my biggest pet peeves, I don't know about anyone else. Especially if you have another person sleeping with you, might as well not even have one honestly. They were actually pretty comfortable though.. The shower pressure was decent too. However they didn't provide us with any shampoo, conditioner or body wash so I'm glad I brought my own.. The towels are terrible as well and they didn't even have any by the pool so I was soaking wet on the way back up to the room! There were stuff floating around in the pool too, I don't even want to know what it was... Long story short, spend the extra money and go to a nicer hotel. There was a Days Inn and Super 6 or whatever close by, wish we would've...

Room Tip: You can't, honestly
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank lschatzberg2017
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to write us about your recent stay with us at The Lodge Hotel. I am disappointed we were not able to provide a satisfactory stay to you during your time with us. We had recently had a change of management and we are working to make upgrades as soon as we can. We serve many guests each evening and strive to provide a satisfactory stay hence, it is disappointing we were not successful in doing this. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a satisfactory stay during your next visit to the St.louis/ Bridgeton area.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

We Needed a place to stay for the night and this place was close to where we needed to be and the price was right.

Besides I stayed here 20 years ago or so when it was a Holiday Inn and I had fond memories.

Sadly it hasn't been updated in that entire time and the common areas showed it. The carpet in the lobby was disgusting the place smelled, and though the room that I stayed in was not quite as bad, it was bad enough that we didn't actually use the room after the event afterall.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russ L
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you writing about your stay with us at The Lodge Hotel. We are under new management and we are working on making changes and upgrades as soon as we can. We serve many guests each evening and strive to provide a satisfactory stay hence, it is disappointing we were not successful in doing this. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a satisfactory stay during your next visit to the St.louis/ Bridgeton area.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

I live in the area and have seen this hotel decline for many years There are questionable people who visit this hotel and I believe that part of the hotel is rented. It is not updated and the pool area is questionable The area that the hotel is located in is questionable. Be careful

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Lesa M

Reviewed 10 June 2016

When we first walked in everything seem to be find so we asked to see the room before we decided, the room look good (like it was recently was remodeled). The manger was very nice and even went to find us a cart to load our luggage on. We no sooner than we get to the door of our room we were confronted by a young women wanting to know where we got our cart, did we take her cart when we told her the manger got it for us she stomped off. After we got settled we left to go sightseeing we notice all kind of people sitting around, no matter what time of day we left or came back there were people still just sitting around. On the second day the elevator was broke so we had to use the one on the other side of the hotel, that is when we discovered they were renting this side (this side was not remodeled) to what looked like whole families in one room and drug addicts and drunks. My daughter in law took the grandkids swimming on the second night in what was advertised as a heated pool but was cold as ice, where she found a condom floating in the pool. On the way back from telling the management about the condom she got stuck on the elevator for about 5 minutes before it started going again. They do not clean your room unless you go to the front desk and tell them. The bottom sheets were flat sheets about 6 inches to short so they barely came to the end of the mattress so there was no way to tuck it in.
When we went to ask for our room to be cleaned at the front desk there was a man in front of us asking the manger how long could he have a room for $16? Didn't hear his answer but he took the mans money never asking him his name. As we were leaving we saw the man coming back in with a young women with him. I hate to say I didn't read the reviews, but I will never make that mistake again.

Room Tip: Stay away!!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank CyndieA

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

HORRIBLE, NASTY, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, UNSAFE

this was not what I expected the room smelled bad the pools look dirty the whirlpool didn't work and was Grammy the outside just was dirty and cigarette butts everywhere the side doors didn't lock it was water stains all over the floor and smells musty the game room didn't work but they didn't put a sign that says out of order they just said you was at your own risk just totally not what we expected

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank jermell m

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel is the nastiest place I've ever been to in my entire life... The entire place was disgusting... My aunt also had a room that had blood all over the room... Bumbs living under the stairs.. was scared to even use the bathroom without a chain on the door... Which my aunt didn't have... Place was so disgusting I thought I was going to catch something... We just left and drove all the way home hours and hours away... I only gave it the one rating because I'm being made to

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
6  Thank Michelle H
Management response:Responded 21 June 2017

Thank you for your review. Thank you for your stay with us at The Lodge Hotel. We are under new management and we are working on making changes and upgrades as soon as we can. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a satisfactory stay during your next visit to the St.louis/ Bridgeton area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
7.7 km away
Super 8 St. Louis Airport
#9 of 12 in Berkeley
1 km away
SpringHill Suites St. Louis Airport/Earth City

Been to The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport? Share your experiences!