See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 16, 2009

my room had an outlet that had caught on fire and still had a burnt wall as well as no smoke detector. gang banger club attached parking lot filled with thugs on 26" rims smoking weed and drinking looking for trouble. i really enjoyed the free weed that was left for me all over the floor around and behind the nightstand. tub filled up with water when i took a shower and would not drain. total hole...........

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank snowman10002
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Would not recomend this hotel to my worst enemy! This hotel is really bad ,could not use the refrigator it had old T.V. dinners in it that had expired in March plus other fast food Lord only knows how long it had been in there. The room was not very clean at all,personel did not vacumn underneath furniture.Children were running up and down the halls on all of the floors into the wee hours of the night. People were talking really loud and using foul language until way past midnite. I never seen so many kids running around a motel and was unsupervised. No hot water to take a shower could not use the pool due to all kids in it I believe they belonged to the staff and was not be supervised at all. My opinion is when you stay at a motel guests come first WE ARE THE PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!! The manager had an excuse for everything!!! Could not understand the parking lot was empty but there sure was alot of people staying there had to be the STAFF living there and there kids. Kids need to have manners taught to them. THE HEALTH DEPT. NEEDS TO CHECK THIS PLACE OUT!!!!!!!!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank dlmann75
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This place is terrible. It is dirty, old and not taken care of at all. There aren't enough employees to facilitate a hotel of this size. People in the hotel do as they please (smoking everywhere, putting cigarettes out in the elevator, drinking in the pool area, etc..). People getting arrested in the parking lot. Children of people in the club out playing in the hotel area up past midnight. Do not stay here. You can find better places for the same amount.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bcdfgh
Reviewed June 25, 2009

I would need more than "50" characters. The quality of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. Rooms were "MOLDY" and the service area was not sanitary.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Scoot1St_Louis
Reviewed February 9, 2009

BY FAR THE WORST HOTEL EVER i was ROBBED
The Lodge Hotel and Banquets St Louis Airport
3551 Pennridge Dr.,Bridgeton, MO 63044 Ph. # [-]

On 1/30/09 I checked into hotel for a business meeting that was being held at the Hotel on 1/31/09. I had requested a nonsmoking room. I open room and it over welmed me with the odor of smoke. I went to ask for new room. After they said their was no other rooms. They found a room on the outside where it was cold. At less it did not smell of smoke.
In the morning i had the worst continental breakfast ever. I went to meeting. At about 5:00 pm i went to room to get my jacket, because i was going walking to get something to eat. My room was not cleaned & they had no DND signs to place on the door. When i returned about 11:00 pm my door was ajar. My two backpacks were taken along with my lap top computer. My video camera, GPS, wallet, check book, passport, keys, and a few other things were missing. And also my room still was not cleaned. I went to front desk to report. They had me report it the local police. The police mention that this was a bad hotel and was know for bad activity at it. I told him i had came for a business meeting. He made a report & left. I search around outside the hotel looking for my things. I notice many vacant rooms with junk piled in them.
In the morning 2/1/09 i reported it to the manager Rizsyed. Also about the room not being clean. He said their is nothing he could do about it. He said he would talk to maid. I had the catch my flight. I call many time to find out what the maid had to say. The maid did not come to work for 3 days according to Rizsyed. And told the manager he had cleaned the room. I said if he would lied about the room being clean. He would lied about many other things.
I hold a top secret clearance with the US government in which i had to take a lie detector test to get it. The manager sided with his employee.
In final i would never risk my life or possessions and stay at DUMP like this again even for business. Their is nothing even good about this hotel. Except being close to airport & restaurant near by. OVER PRICED for DIRTY rooms!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank radconLasVegas
rizst.louis, manager at The Lodge Hotel & Banquets St. Louis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2009

We have a 120 rm hotel,,with dozens of guests checking in and checking out everyday. In addition, we have corporate clients who stay with us on a regular basis for business. We get to meet all kinds of guests in our line of work..most of them, come and stay with us and check out happy. Some however, donot appreciate the ammenities provided..for these guests we have a big sign at our registration desk that the guests should check their rooms and the hotel upon checking in. If they donot approve of the services being provided, they can either change their room or checkout with FULL refund. I think its more than satisfactory. But these guests stay their entire 2,3 or 4 day stays and at checkout come to the desk seeking a full refund. We still try to help them the best we can by compensating any genuine issues,,but the guests who donot get compensated threaten us that they 'll turn to the internet to ruin the hotel image. These reviews are from those unhappy guests who wanted a full refund of their sty. This gentleman was part of a 60 rm group and the only one unhappy. We have never had a robbery incident ever before and are not implying what this gentleman says but how did he mange to catch his flight if his"wallet, checkbook, passport, keys" as he claims were stolen? All hotels have signs in all the rooms that guests are responsible for their articles. The guest's room was serviced as were the other guestrooms. We applogize to the guest for any inconvenience but at the same time we ask people to use their own judgement. All the comments all the time are not the whole truth all the time. Thank you