“great value”

Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bridgeton
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The hotel had free breakfast, pool, free wi-fi, and a free shuttle to the airport. There is a business center to print boarding passes. The staff was helpful. There is a bar in the hotel. There are a couple of restaurants nearby. Great for an overnight stay, but not much around the hotel. The rooms are clean, but the furniture is old. Overall, we would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This place is right next to the airport. Rental cars were sold out, so we switched to this hotel at the last minute so they could pick us up in the van. The driver was in a pretty bad mood and dropped a full load at the lobby. There was only 1 person at the desk and she had to check us all in. There was already a van load ahead of us the place didn't smell very good. The van brought another load to join the line before we got to the front. Jennifer at the desk was a saint, but she was all alone. Most of the guests are vacation travelers, families, and college kids staying 6 to a room. These people can't check in or park without asking LOTS of questions. It took 1/2 an hour just to get to the counter.

After that start, the room was a surprise. Good size, 2 actual Queen size beds, hot water, clean, smelled good, etc.

Food: You can't walk anywhere. This place is locked in by the airport and a freeway. They have a poor restaurant in the lobby and a great Indian place on the 11th floor but that is it. If you aren't into Indian food, order a pizza and have it delivered, because breakfast the next morning is going to be a disappointment.

Free WiFi only worked in the lobby.

Walls are paper thin, so keep your TV turned down.

For the money, I shouldn't complain, but this is NOT a substitute for a Hampton or a Holiday Inn Express and you should know that going in.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and pick one that smells okay. Others told me they had an issue with the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank joelinda
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here mainly for the ability to leave our car for a weeklong vacation. The hotel is fair, and not the kind you’d stay at for more than one day. But the parking was well-lit and safe and the shuttle drivers were kind and punctual. I’d recommend if all you want is a bed and a place to park your car.

Room Tip: ask to not be so far from lobby! We walked forever!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GardenDee
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We reserved this hotel to be our overnight stop on a long drive. We checked in late but had no trouble getting service at the desk. Sean checked us in and was very nice and helpful.
**Driving Directions--(from the West)Take the exit on the right (It will seem like you're exiting right next to the hotel). Take a right at the light, and then take the next right. The road is poorly lit and I believe it's behind a little hill. The road winds around a bit, and then you'll reach sort of a T in the road. Take a right (there a sign pointing toward the Best Western) and it will wind around to the hotel.

Our room was comfortable and very clean. I slept well until the early morning, when a noise kept waking me up. I am a deep sleeper, so this bothered me. I wish I could confirm what the noise was. It almost sounded like someone in the adjoining room was slamming their door every so often. Hard to say if it was actually a neighbor or something in the hotel itself.
I love that the room had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. We did not need it on this particular trip, but it is nice to know if we stay again, we can bring some of our own food. Not that we would need to--there was a great continental breakfast. The last Best Western we stayed at did not have one, and it was a lot more expensive.

Overall, we enjoyed our short stay. I don't know that we'll actually need to stay here again, but would not hesitate to reserve if we needed to.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We've have now stayed here twice with an early morning flight out of STL. Rooms are always clean and the staff is always very nice. We have choosen the park and fly and have left out car at the hotel for several days. They are always fast and on time with pick up and drop off at the airport. We will stay here again and use the park and fly option!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hey guys, it's not the Hilton or even the Marriott Marquis in Times Square (the hotel we stayed at four days prior), but it was a clean, convenient place to stay when our flight was canceled due to weather & we were stranded in St. Louis. The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. The rooms were clean and a/c worked wonderfully. The furniture & appliance were outdated, but I couldn't expect much more for such a good price. I wouldn't say it is a hotel I would normally stay at, but it served its purpose and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We hosted a family reunion here and it was the worst experience ever. I will first start by saying the main planners of the event live out of state and we relied on an in-state resident to look at the hotel and make sure it was acceptable. When she arrived to visit the hotel, the event planner (Stephanie) was not here and the hotel staff would only show her the lobby and exercise room- that should have been a dead giveaway/red flag. Who cares about the exercise room?

As we were driving here from Atlanta, we got a call from someone who had checked in and were told the hotel was dirty, the service was bad and they were going somewhere else. We paid $4500 for a banquet (it's tonight so I'm not sure how this will turn out) I'm based on how everything else is it is sure to be sub-par. The hallways leading towards the banquet hall are dirty and grimy and appear as though they've never been cleaned. The bathrooms on the 2nd and 5th floors are dingy, out of soap and the toilet paper holders are broken and have not been replaced. I won't even get into the horrible layout of the place.

We were not given details regarding their level of service until we got here (they do not change linens daily in the "hospitality suite," the rooms that were to be comped based on the number of rooms booked turned into us having to pay for them up front and be "comped" later, and the number of rooms comped is less than we were told.

The hallways have not been vacuumed since we have been here (we arrived Thurs and today is Sun), and I never see anyone in the common areas cleaning. The carpet in my room is so nasty we have to wear flip flops and the bathroom has a urine smell.

The best thing about this hotel is the bartender, Keith. He is always pleasant, smiling and makes a great drink.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There is no best room here.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeton
6.1 km away
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
6.3 km away
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Airport Plaza Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!